• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eye jacket bridge logo

My New Eye Jackets don't have the TM or R mark at the end of the OAKLEY logo. Further, I can't find any pair in my possession with the TM or R mark. Did that pair (Pearl and BI I presume) come with it?
It has been my experience that international Oakleys have the "R", I have a couple. I would imagine it's due to differing trademark laws across the world. I've never seen a US pair with an "R".

If memory serves me, I think the TM/ mark appeared on the updated EJ's with a gloss finish. As a way to identify Genuine, but not on all frames.

Edit: I've sent a query too Peter Yee, about this little quandry.

Peter Yee's response:

"Hi, Peter, hope you're well. I have a brief query, if you'd be so kind to answer? The Eye Jackets had © and TM, on some glasses, but not, was there specific reason such as laws in other Countries required this? Thank you.

You sent​

14:47

Peter​

PJE6O&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-4.jpg

Sorry do not know. Oakley’s legal dept handled all that and I signed whatever they told me to."

1f44d.png

Peter Yee

Last edited:
If memory serves me, I think the TM/ mark appeared on the updated EJ's with a gloss finish. As a way to identify Genuine, but not on all frames.

Edit: I've sent a query too Peter Yee, about this little quandry.

Peter Yee's response:

"Hi, Peter, hope you're well. I have a brief query, if you'd be so kind to answer? The Eye Jackets had © and TM, on some glasses, but not, was there specific reason such as laws in other Countries required this? Thank you.

You sent​

14:47

Peter​

View attachment 1129510

Sorry do not know. Oakley’s legal dept handled all that and I signed whatever they told me to."

View attachment 1129511
Peter Yee
Interesting.
He seems to be a nice guy.
Why didn’t you ask him how the Text was printed back in the days.
I have tried to print decals of the bridge text on special decal paper but it did not work. Them little suckers are just too small to handle.

Interesting.
He seems to be a nice guy.
Why didn’t you ask him how the Text was printed back in the days.
I have tried to print decals of the bridge text on special decal paper but it did not work. Them little suckers are just too small to handle.
I did ask him earlier, I thought I already put this up:

"The logo across the bridge was pad printed. It is a printing technique that is still used to day to print fine detail on flat and compound surfaces."

I did ask him earlier, I thought I already put this up:

"The logo across the bridge was pad printed. It is a printing technique that is still used to day to print fine detail on flat and compound surfaces."
So does this mean there is hope for restoration? Sorry I’m new to the Oakley forum and still getting used to the replies, I’ve might’ve missed it.

So does this mean there is hope for restoration? Sorry I’m new to the Oakley forum and still getting used to the replies, I’ve might’ve missed it.
As yet, I haven't seen a restored nose text Icon: or at least one which has achieved the desired end result.

Back