• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limit number of active sales threads posted by 1 user a day?

You guys are really making me think this thing through. Especially after the Medusa debacle. I was going to purchase the Lifetime Member. Now I don't know!

I paid for it so I could edit my posts indefinitely but even that’s limited now. Can’t edit locked ones.

Ditto @Mike.vanderkoon point.

I believe you also get additional picture posting levels, not sure there 100%.

But the unlimited messages is quite nice.

I sure hope the extra pictures are for only premium members. I’ll feel like I got hoed out otherwise lol

Why would a post get locked? I've seen it, but wasn't sure.

Sometimes when a flame war gets going or when a thread gets derailed or sometimes it even happens when the truth comes out.

For me it makes a difference when I have a thread that I locked and I want to make changes to it. I have to unlock it, make my changes, then lock it back. It’s extra steps but the main issue is that people can comment while I’m editing and I may not want comments. It doesn’t happen often but I want to be able to do it when I need to. I used to be able to but not anymore.

IMG_0284.gif

I appreciate the comments here and definitely get it. Doing some research into what other forums do, plus looking at how to implement a solution that could solve this - definitely a few approaches and just want to think through it a bit.

To start however, I do hear the concerns around bumps and what not. So moving forward Premium Members can bump every 48 hours, while standard members can bump every 96 hours.

I appreciate the comments here and definitely get it. Doing some research into what other forums do, plus looking at how to implement a solution that could solve this - definitely a few approaches and just want to think through it a bit.

To start however, I do hear the concerns around bumps and what not. So moving forward Premium Members can bump every 48 hours, while standard members can bump every 96 hours.
I do believe limiting bumps is better than limiting the number of threads.

How about a survivor style vote out on a monthly basis?

I do believe limiting bumps is better than limiting the number of threads.

Yeah limiting threads it a slipperly slope and something I want to think on. Where it gets tough is do you limit per day, per week, per month, then tracking all of that just takes a whole solution etc.

I do think bumps are the root problem some members are pointing out here. For feedback and search purposes, 1 thread per item is best. But it can also end up with the walls of threads by one member. When push comes to shove, if your threads have gotten lower, its because people aren't replying/interested etc. While I do think bumps serve a purpose, they don't need to be so frequently across the board. Like I said just trying to think through it.

Latest Posts

Back