• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Else Do You Collect Besides Oakley? Any Hobbies Or Talents?

Very nice “death bed” specimen, showing just how common these things used to be in the Jurassic seas.

View attachment 994419
Man! That's an awesome collection! I love fossils! Unfortunately I only have one ammonite, and it's small, very colorful, but very small. I've got some other fossils, and I even have a spear point, made out of some kind of slate type material, that has some fossilized plant material on it. And I've got a few nice pieces of petrified wood. I love that stuff!

Coffee is life! I worked as a barista in manhattan before, i missed tamping and making drinks. Got rid of the kcup machine 😂

@Dbninc you have an espresso machine as well?
Not yet, but I definitely see a decent espresso machine and a conical burr grinder in my not-too-distant future. I’ve been a maté guy upto now, mom got me into it when I was a kid. It’s cheap and easy to prepare on the fly.

Not yet, but I definitely see a decent espresso machine and a conical burr grinder in my not-too-distant future. I’ve been a maté guy upto now, mom got me into it when I was a kid. It’s cheap and easy to prepare on the fly.
What's a maté? I need a new grinder as well

pretty new to the hobby but coffee runs in the blood 😁

View attachment 1038452
@cacatman is a big coffee guy also
Wouldn’t say a “big coffee guy”, but I do use a WDT tool, time my pours, use a triple basket naked portafilter, weigh out my beans and aim to keep my milk at 60 degrees C for my lattes. Touche on the gaggia classic, @LaCucaracha! Do you have the 1200 watt or 1425 watt version?!! 😅

5C4DA644-7FBC-40D7-BE14-883E12509BE5.jpeg

2EC9F2A1-458E-4743-9689-C325412BCB1C.jpeg

6AECE7D0-0DF3-4ABF-8BCD-005645F1A94D.jpeg

38CC3548-4C81-4EE0-AB62-90C41EBD1CB1.jpeg

Wouldn’t say a “big coffee guy”, but I do use a WDT tool, time my pours, use a triple basket naked portafilter, weigh out my beans and aim to keep my milk at 60 degrees C for my lattes. Touche on the gaggia classic, @LaCucaracha! Do you have the 1200 watt or 1425 watt version?!! 😅

View attachment 1038499

View attachment 1038500

View attachment 1038501

View attachment 1038502
I don't know what version i have but i believe it's the latest one since i just got it.

Very nice solid machine you have there @cacatman I've seen so many people still using the OG like yours on facebook 😁 i also use a WDT tool, weight my beans and time my shots 😂 it's a pain (when you really wanna drink it ASAP) but it's part of the hobby

Do you have any photos of your latte art? I'm still practicing lol most of my latte art look like a **** with balls according to my wife 🤦🏻

Last edited:
Back