• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lense UVA/UVB Protection?

jfeino

Oakley Beginner
I'm new to the forum, so I hope I am not asking something that has already been covered. Has anyone heard any info regarding the quality of the UVA/UVB protection from any of the aftermarket lenses? I'm sure that they all claim to be UVA/UVB blocking, but is there any data to back up the claims?

I have done some extensive reviews on Visionary Lenses which claim to offer protection, however unless someone has some expensive equipment it would be tough to find out for sure.

We know all Oakley lenses are inherent because the bits of polycarbonate they use to make their lenses are already 100% UV resistant.

Thanks for the response. I contacted VL, and they said that their lenses were not polycarbonate. Which makes me wonder how well they will perform. I read your review of them, and they sound great. The only draw back that I see is that they have 16% - 18% light transmision. I was hoping to find something a little closer to my Oakley Polarized Black Iridium lenses, without the expense of the Oakley lenses. I understand that I am probably going to sacrifice a little quality, but I am kind of rough on my glasses, and would prefer to go through two sets of the less expensive lenses instead of spending the higher price and getting only one set of lenses that will scratch in the same amount of time as the aftermarkets. Do you have any suggestions?

Do you have any info about Walleva lenses? I see them all over ebay. Are they any good?

Latest Posts

Back