• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Just picked these up for recently! Son of Mars size 13

20190710_005257.jpg

Jordan Why Not Zer0.2 SE

KvZ3BQE.jpg

This, vaguely in Rockets colors, coincidentally drops the same day Westbrook got traded to Houston.
For anyone keeping record, the original Why Not Zer0.2 has been my favoritest new model of 2019*, so I've been watching for this release long before the trade (I'm not a Rockets fan to any degree)

*Emphasis on "new model". Kobe 4 Protro is still my favoritest release of 2019 over, and technically of the past decade since the original Kobe 4.

Anyway, the SE runs a tighter textile base material, beefs up the toe overlays, swaps out the lateral toe synthetic overlay for Flywire, ditches the clunky midfoot braces for more flexible and lighter ripstop-based pieces, and of course, the collar is heavily redesigned.

There are added holes in the outsole as a preventative measure against the Zoom bag popping on the original Zer0.2. Nike/JB also added some holes in the heel, though I have yet to make out a functional difference there.

In all it's feeling like a remix to me. Some people might find the collar to be a huge improvement. I can tell there's just more immediate freedom with some lateral moves, but I didn't mind the original setup in the first place. Behind the new collar are optional traditional lace holes which pretty match up with the original Zer0.2.

I think the aesthetic is something else, though. For performance basketball shoes, this and the original Zer0.2 seem to have go further than most others lately to do things for style's sake. It didn't need all these layers and weird details to achieve the performance it does, but it for most users it does perform. That's not to say there haven't been good looking basketball shoes lately, but in trying to capture that 90's pastime of attempting casual appeal, this is sorta in that direction.

DEj8iLK.jpg
G4xXnav.jpg

Sm0BBQL.jpg

FWULuR4.jpg

Latest Posts

Back