• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

To all the sneaker head experts, I have a Kobe 5 “Lakers Away” (size 10.5) in mint condition (only used it once, very lightly for few hrs, and went straight back to its box 😁)

How much do you guys think it’s worth now if I ever sell it?

Thanks in advance.

8EDBC08A-5FDD-453A-B5C7-DC7E198BBDF1.jpeg

AB725178-FA53-433D-A2D1-1078DA61C47A.jpeg

1. Search clearance, 2. find cheapest most ridiculous pair, 3. purchase, throw in closet 2-3 maybe 4 years, 4. wear out on weekend after allotted time 4a. be prepared to be stopped and asked about them (you may receive “Props” this is good unless accompanied with a hand gun)
* avoid cities, if you must enter a city avoid at all costs area’s know for illicit activities, especially areas were sneakers are hanging from power lines. These areas are detrimental to your health.

image.jpg

image.jpg

To all the sneaker head experts, I have a Kobe 5 “Lakers Away” (size 10.5) in mint condition (only used it once, very lightly for few hrs, and went straight back to its box 😁)

How much do you guys think it’s worth now if I ever sell it?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1024390

View attachment 1024392
I don't think there's an accurate value on those at the moment. We had the wave of people trying to profit off his death, but trending value of the shoes is still a bit up in the air. With the deal renewed, supposedly the 4 is already going to be revisited again. Nike knows the 5 is in demand and will go back to it as well.

Kobe's aren't quite like Jordan's (at least yet), and mostly coveted for functional use. Age therefore actually doesn't go in their favor. It's not like a Jordan 1 OG where the shoe can actually stay intact or get rebuilty because much of it is stitched together, whereas pretty much all Kobe's involve glue and fuse construction.

Me personally, I'll keep trying for every Protro release. I actually wished they'd drop the colorway of you have.

I don't think there's an accurate value on those at the moment. We had the wave of people trying to profit off his death, but trending value of the shoes is still a bit up in the air. With the deal renewed, supposedly the 4 is already going to be revisited again. Nike knows the 5 is in demand and will go back to it as well.

Kobe's aren't quite like Jordan's (at least yet), and mostly coveted for functional use. Age therefore actually doesn't go in their favor. It's not like a Jordan 1 OG where the shoe can actually stay intact or get rebuilty because much of it is stitched together, whereas pretty much all Kobe's involve glue and fuse construction.

Me personally, I'll keep trying for every Protro release. I actually wished they'd drop the colorway of you have.
I haven’t seen much online lately but saw one in StockX for like $4k. Wasn’t sure if that’s even true or legit.

I’ll probably keep this for now and see what the future holds. 🤪

3B10F59C-0323-4EF5-AC63-43C598F66CE7.jpeg

I haven’t seen much online lately but saw one in StockX for like $4k. Wasn’t sure if that’s even true or legit.

I’ll probably keep this for now and see what the future holds. 🤪

View attachment 1024424
Definitely keep for now, going to increase over next 2-ish years is my prediction. $4000 sounds odd though, most of the time I've checked those were around $1-1.3

Latest Posts

Back