• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Artist Channeling O-Matters

erwinlaiho

Oakley Beginner
I’ve been an Oakley aficionado for a decade, but it was only recently that I began to bootstrap a collection of glasses together. I’m mostly looking to collect X-Metals…

With the most unfortunate developments in Ukraine, I’ve been reflecting the zeitgeist onto my artworks and Oakley has come to fill in some gaps. What I mean is that in my opinion over the years Oakley’s aesthetic has come to contain a tremendous breadth of vocabulary of utilitarian, tatical, militaristic & even aggressive design cues.

I find this cultural moment and Oakley’s emblematic brand with a super solid community around it most fascinating. I can’t wait to take part in the exchanges on this forum and I want to thank everybody whose contributed to this trove of gems with their passionate input, most knowledgeable answers & based takes in general!

Lastly I’ll leave you with a recent wall sculpture of mine:
IMG_9283.jpeg
IMG_9353.jpeg

CARBON (…until its time to do Carhartt ****)

90 x 42,5 x 3,5 cm

Laser-engraved glass, coal dust (pulverized anthracite), custom cast iron nuts (2-4% carbon content), 316-stainless steel shelf & stainless steel hardware

Latest Posts

Back