• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Kitchen Sink Or Mechanism? Need help picking a bookbag

Kitchen Sink is definitely the more "Stuff" carrier. However, I chose the Mechanism/AP Bag because of the drawstring closer as mentioned by others before. It lets you really cram a ton of clothes etc into it if youre on the go. Kitchen sink does have some nice features though like a side accessible laptop area and a separate compartment in the bottom to store shoes or wet items.

A loaded up Kitchen sink will fit under the seat of a plane, however you must put it so that the top (where the sunglass holder is) is towards the front. This makes it difficult to use any of the pockets because they are facing away from you. Try it and you'll see what I'm saying.

This is obviously an unpopular opinion, but I feel that the KS is very much style over substance.

Don't get me wrong I love my KS, but it is obnoxiously large for the amount of gear it can actually hold. The metal-buckled waist strap is constantly banging into things (I took out an 72"x60" tempered glass wall in my office with it) and like others have said it's a little annoying with the closure system.

This is obviously an unpopular opinion, but I feel that the KS is very much style over substance.

Don't get me wrong I love my KS, but it is obnoxiously large for the amount of gear it can actually hold. The metal-buckled waist strap is constantly banging into things (I took out an 72"x60" tempered glass wall in my office with it) and like others have said it's a little annoying with the closure system.

Are you suggesting the Mechanism over the KS or maybe another model?

Sorry, I know this is bhill's thread looking for a travel bag, but The Wife tasked me with finding a new baby bag and I like the choices bhill has narrowed down to and the feedback given so far, would like to build on it...

One thing that doesn't make sense - Oakley's specs:

KS - 20" H x 14" W x 8" D; 34 L capacity
Mech - 21" H x 17" W x 9" D; 30 L capacity

Why would the KS have smaller dimensions but 4L larger capacity?

I saw i am rich uses KS as a baby bag. Anyone else out there use an Oakley backpack as a baby bag? Which model? Thanks...

As I said, it's stupid big for it's capacity.

Are you suggesting the Mechanism over the KS or maybe another model?

I don't have a lot of history with any O-Bag other than the Kitchen & Bathroom sinks. I believe that there are farrrrrrr better options when you start looking at companies that specialize in bags.

I recently switched to a Surface tablet over more traditional laptops.
So, the KS 17-inch laptop compartment has become redundant.
But the KS is still a beauty.
As for baby bag use, maybe the bottom zipper compartment can serve as a stowaway for wet items or dirty diapers whenever it's not convenient to immediately dispose of them.
The outer clips serve more for security reasons, so people can't steal stuff behind your back.
For easy access to baby stuff, I'd say no, the KS isn't a good fit.

Sorry, I know this is bhill's thread looking for a travel bag, but The Wife tasked me with finding a new baby bag and I like the choices bhill has narrowed down to and the feedback given so far, would like to build on it...

One thing that doesn't make sense - Oakley's specs:

KS - 20" H x 14" W x 8" D; 34 L capacity
Mech - 21" H x 17" W x 9" D; 30 L capacity

I saw i am rich uses KS as a baby bag. Anyone else out there use an Oakley backpack as a baby bag? Which model? Thanks...

i use the mechinism pack as a diaper bag all the pockets make it easy for orginisation, could prob also use the dry goods pack

Latest Posts

Back