• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman Prizm or Sapphire?

No more flashy than ice, or even fire. It looks good in both frames in my opinion. I prefer it in the Carbon frame.

Yes, oakley should sell dark carbon frame (plastic is less noticeable in this frsme) with sapphire lenses.... And between fark carbon/prizm and dark carbon/BIP??

I've got both and I love the sapphire, but that's mainly for its looks. It's a gorgeous lens and is easy on the eyes. The Prizm is great too, but I like color, and the sapphire sure offers that on a silver platter.

Hopefully they'll follow on with a smaller more oval lens frame soon. As it is, I'm finding it hard to resist Plasma and Sapphire as it is, though.

Hopefully they'll follow on with a smaller more oval lens frame soon. As it is, I'm finding it hard to resist Plasma and Sapphire as it is, though.

This has been mentioned elsewhere; there are rumors that another neXt-metal will arrive later this year with a more Juliet-shaped lens.

This has been mentioned elsewhere; there are rumors that another neXt-metal will arrive later this year with a more Juliet-shaped lens.

I'm really hoping they'll go more after the original 1st gen Romeo in styling. I <3 the Juliet don't get me wrong, but I love the idea of either that or the XX (something a bit bigger than the Juliet) with that original X-metal styling.

I looked at all the Badman frame/lens combos but decided to go with Plasma/Sapphire. I personally would have loved to see the Black Iridium Polarized on the Plasma Frame or the Ice Iridium Polarized, but Sapphire really is a gorgeous color to look at. As far as Prizm goes, I personally don't like the exterior lens color. The vision you get with Prizm might be better (depending on the weather where you live as a few other members suggested) but I've always been a sucker for Blue/Iridium combos.

I'm super happy with my Plasma/Sapphire Badman but I am looking for some different lenses, specifically Black Iridium Polarized. I've spoken with around 4 different Oakley Store Reps and the answer to replacement lenses varied between "3-4 weeks from launch" to "3-6 months from launch" so yeah, not exactly a precise timeframe...

Hope this helps!

Back