• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Battery replacment on Oakley watches

bean323

Oakley Expert
so cal
so i got 2 watches that need batteries. Do i or should i send to oakley? Also where or how? i thought i found a form but it was for someplace in idaho or something.. lol..

also can they clean or steam them? or take that to my local Jeweler? ( i did take it to a Ben Bridge to get the links sized .. 10 bucks . compared to other places for close to 20).

thanks again!!

Easy Answer. Go through Oakley.
They pay for your item to ship to and from Oakley.
The price is reasonable, I think they charged me like $20 or $25 on my Minute Machine
And the best part... They pressure test my watch before sending it back to me.

The only drawback. Time. It took a few weeks so know that up front.

But all in all, why risk with anyone else?
I'm not saying any shop can't do the battery, but unless you need the watch back ASAP, use Oakley.

My .02

so i got 2 watches that need batteries. Do i or should i send to oakley? Also where or how? i thought i found a form but it was for someplace in idaho or something.. lol..

also can they clean or steam them? or take that to my local Jeweler? ( i did take it to a Ben Bridge to get the links sized .. 10 bucks . compared to other places for close to 20).

thanks again!!

Ben Bridge can do the exact same work with a warranty for service included in usually a day or two. You have a quartz movement which requires minimum maintenance from a service standpoint. Unless you plan on diving soon, I wouldn't worry about checking your seals or crown stems. If you're really brave you can change the battery yourself. Try checking out watchuseek.com forums, theres even a tiny community on their that is dedicated to Oakley.

thanks. i took it to them and they said they would send it out. Figured in that case might as well do it right and work with Oakley.Called the toll free #, got a email with service #. I guess they assumed it was a warranty claim and wanted pics and receipts.

i tried to use the adobe mail file system.. bah.. saved the forms to pdf and along with pictures replied to the email address. Now just have to wait for the next step in the process. Going to upload the price sheet. (well i will attempt to).

thanks again i will look into doing it myself and yea.. no diving here.

thanks!

bean

Attachments

• Oakley Watch Service Pricing Guidelines.pdf
    266.1 KB · Views: 2,061
Ben Bridge can do the exact same work with a warranty for service included in usually a day or two. You have a quartz movement which requires minimum maintenance from a service standpoint. Unless you plan on diving soon, I wouldn't worry about checking your seals or crown stems. If you're really brave you can change the battery yourself. Try checking out watchuseek.com forums, theres even a tiny community on their that is dedicated to Oakley.

i checked out the link.. do you happen to have a direct link? there are alot of forums and subforums. thanks again. i'll keep on looking!

Took mine to a local watchmaker to have the battery replaced. Not certain how the pressure testing and all that works, but cost me $20 and two minutes-- he sized it as well.

Last edited:
Also when I got mine back it came back in a watch vault. So paid 20 dollars and got battery and a watch case which cost 20 dollars retail.

Latest Posts

Back