• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dmburke42

Oakley Enthusiast
Oneida, TN
Fishing sunglasses are a crucial part of every angler’s gear since they help reduce glare, minimize eye strain, and help improve visibility below the waterline. But not all lens colors are created equal. Finding the right lens color for fishing will depend on your weather conditions and the type of fishing you’re doing.
Keep reading as our experts review the best lens colors for fishing, including shallow water, deep water, low light, and fly fishing!

Best Lens Colors for Fishing
Having the right fishing lens can be the difference between having the catch of the day and squinting your afternoon away. But it doesn’t need to be difficult.
By far, the three best lens colors for fishing are green, blue, and amber. But which lens is best will vary based on the type of fishing you’re doing and weather conditions.
Now let’s review when to use each lens:

Green Lenses – Green lenses are great as an all-around lens and help to reduce glare on sunny and clear days. And...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
On water, have to make it polarized. Anything dark and polarized is good. If you're fishing, they make deep blue polarized and shallow blue polarized specifically for fishing.

I figured that would be the only way to go for sure. My wife bought me a pair of Spy General Realtree Polarized with a bronze lens color. They were pretty good but I just wasn't satisfied most of the time, especially close to sunset with the extreme glare coming off the water.
I haven't seen too many sets of Polarized Lens for the Fast Jacket anymore. I have even been looking for the Transition lenses and have had no luck at all

I strongly advise against any lense that is third party. Your eye's health and optical clarity.

Also, imo transitions are silly. Certainly not for all and have their pros and cons so do your due diligence.

Go polarized, for sure. Mind you, polarized lenses do not help at sunset; they work with specific angles of light. A must have if you're going to be on water, only down fall will be if your use electronics with a screen that's going to distort.

Neutral or contrast.... I would probably get two frames or atleast two pairs of lenses to accommodate. Like i.e., you're navigating or fishing or overcast or extreme sun etc...

The deep blue is neutral and the shallow blue is contrast. IMO neither is ideal for full-on bright sun, though the deep blue is almost there.

They're also coming out with a water-specific Prizm but I know no details i.e. light trans %, other than seeing a pic of it.

Wavecloud, who's on the water a lot, just made a post elsewhere saying Daily Prizm worked great on water.

If you're looking for contrast and very bright conditions, VR28 BIP is a good choice.

I have the VR28 unpolarized on my fast jackets and I'm really impressed. I could only imagine if they were polarized! My problem is I'm just wanting lenses for my Fast or Split jackets.

Light transmission are:
deep water - 12%
shallow water - 15%
daily - 14%
got this info from my local o store chart.

This makes deep water the "darkest" of the Prizm lenses.

Back