• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Big difference between daily Prizm lens.

Jonny2400

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
I got a set of the prizm sapphire holbrooks, shorty after they launched in around 2016, and I was blow away at the difference the Prizm lens made, in just how rich and vibrant the colours all around are when worn.

Like all things, they got scratched and I fancied a new pair, but this time I upgraded to the Polarised black Prizm versions, as when I ordered my first set they didn’t offer any other colours or polarised Prizm lens.

Reading up am told that both black & sapphire are both grey based daily lens, so they should be the same right?

Wrong, completely different the vibrant colours from my sapphire lens simply don’t exist on the black Prizm polarised, basically colour wise they are the same my Non Prizm Oakleys.

Is it the polarised feature, that prevents the vibrant colours or was the first sapphire lens not grey based ?

Its now time to order a new set and I want the vibrant colours like on my first set, but I perfer the more muted lens colours, than the mirror blue of the sapphire lens.

Last edited:
Even though the stated base color for these two lenses is the same (gray), they are quite different indeed. Same goes for all other lenses, so base color and Prizm-effect will vary.

Furthermore %vlt, the color and thickness of the iridium coating, polarization, curvature and (unfortunately) sometimes even batch number will add to the diffence. Try before you buy is the only remedy.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back