• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Concerns Regarding HOLBROOK™ XL Mtt Black w/ PRIZM 24K Pol Lenses

SteveAcuna

Oakley Beginner
As a dedicated Oakley customer, I've always enjoyed the quality of your products. Recently, I purchased my second pair of HOLBROOK™ XL Mtt Black w/ PRIZM 24K Pol, and I must express my concern about the durability of the lenses.

I've noticed that the lenses on the HOLBROOK™ XL scratch quite easily, and this is the second pair I've encountered this issue with. Interestingly, I also own a pair of SUTRO Mtt Carbon w/ PRIZM 24K, and the lens on that model is significantly more resilient – it doesn't scratch at all.

My primary inquiry revolves around the differences between the lenses of HOLBROOK™ XL Mtt Black w/ PRIZM 24K Pol and SUTRO Mtt Carbon w/ PRIZM 24K. Visually, there are distinctions, and it appears that the HOLBROOK™ XL lenses may have a different coating, making them more susceptible to scratches.

Could you please provide insights into the variations between these two models' lenses? Understanding these differences will help me make informed decisions about future purchases and ensure continued satisfaction with Oakley products.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Let's just start by making sure you know this is a fan site, not an offical Oakley site. With that said:

The process for coming lenses does not change from on to the next. There is no difference between how the holbrook lens is coated and the sutro lens is coated. Both start as blanks that are coate a them cut. However there can be manufacturing variation that will effect the quality from one batch to the next. They are also manufactured on different production lines. This is ciuld be why some people find their lenses delaminate very quickly and others seem to last forever, or in your case, they seem to be slightly different.

Back