• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Black Eye Jacket 1.0, parts or complete

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I need a left and right arm for a black Eye Jacket 1.0. If you have just those parts or even a beater or busted Eye Jacket 1.0 in black and the left and right arms are unrepaired and still in good shape and you want to unload it -- please contact me.

Some people reacted to this post.
You looking for the Eye Jacket from 94 with the square hinge and the molded icon or the New Eye Jacket from 99 with the round hinge and metal icon? I assume the former because they break when you look at them wrong lol

But I may be able to help depending on which ones you need.

See anything you need here?

D44AF4AD-BA13-46DB-B34C-4EDA5DC30B55.jpeg

142D26AF-3B8B-461C-8109-F0BF169890B4.jpeg

BD9BE355-679B-42F8-B73D-93C6B6E06375.jpeg

9CD6493F-3E8B-453F-9336-AB070FB6E432.jpeg

D644121D-4FAE-4E87-B7F4-F70F474B00E2.jpeg

74AF3CD7-188E-4782-9C1F-ACD3A2FE55B0.jpeg

Let me pull out the busted Eye Jackets and check. I just know they were Eye Jacket 1.0. I bought them quite a while ago but definitely before 1999. I will make a pic and post up . . . thanks for pointing out subtle differences. Back at you in a bit.

Spent the night digging thru the attic and everywhere else I can think of. . . . can't find them! My wife said she remembers seeing them about 2 years ago . . . great, no help. I am going to keep looking. It doesn't make any sense to get the replacement parts if I don't have the glasses, hehehe.

TO BE CONTINUED. . . . .

I’ve got a matte black frame with decent rubber on it. It’s the new eye jacket with the rounded hinges if you end up locating them.

I have a first gen eye jacket frame and new eye jacket arms lol
If you need either of those you are welcome to them lol

That's a 1st Gen straight jacket

I found a picture of myself wearing the Eye Jacket. It is definitely the 94 version or Eye Jacket 1.0. I literally went thru every freaking box in the attic to no avail. So, I guess the next best thing to revise my want-add for a pair of Eye Jacket 1.0's. I would prefer black frames w/silver icon and the black iridium lenses. . . . so, anyone have a decent pair of those? Lenses are not such a big deal. I am guessing I can always have a custom cut set made for them. They are nearly identical in size to the Romeo 1 X-metal - so a Plaintiff or Plaintiff Squared should work just fine - but I will check with Chris Hardaway just to make sure.

Username Hidden said:
I found a picture of myself wearing the Eye Jacket. It is definitely the 94 version or Eye Jacket 1.0. I literally went thru every freaking box in the attic to no avail. So, I guess the next best thing to revise my want-add for a pair of Eye Jacket 1.0's. I would prefer black frames w/silver icon and the black iridium lenses. . . . so, anyone have a decent pair of those? Lenses are not such a big deal. I am guessing I can always have a custom cut set made for them. They are nearly identical in size to the Romeo 1 X-metal - so a Plaintiff or Plaintiff Squared should work just fine - but I will check with Chris Hardaway just to make sure.

If you’re getting a whole new one I would suggest the New Eye Jacket. It’s the same thing with minor changes but the most important part is the newer O Matter. It won’t break like the old ones will, especially now after 25 years. If you’re gonna wear it, get the 99 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.