• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chop's Cerakote

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you did a camo pattern on darts, think you could do something like that or digital camo on an Antix icon?

Nice darts Dr. Chop. I liked your Black Widows that you did but I like these camo ones better. What make are these two? The second set look like a set of Paul Lim but not sure.

How long have you been playing? I play some steel tip around here in NC. Not a lot of soft tip in this area. I play with an old set of Hammer Head Mini Megs or John Lowe Unicorn in steel tip. And with Bottelsen Mega Thrust in soft tip.

I picked up darts when I was about 14. Played steel tip for years as a teen. Then started playing again in about 2003 as a soft tip guy. I know Paul Lim personally as he and his wife Janet actually ran the local Medalist league I played in for a few years. Great people and an unbelievable darter. He also used to have a store in San Bernardino, CA. called Champion Darts, but that has been closed for quite some time. They are both Voks Soft Steel darts. I played those for a long time, but have since picked up Black Widows from Laser, and really like the Scotty Burnett Signature darts from Shot! which is Magic Darts (a-z darts shop) brand now. Both are very similar in specs, but the Scotty grip is more aggressive.

I like to change it up from time to time, and used to piss off people in league play. I would bring my large Metroline case with 8 sets and change between trips to the line. Drove people nuts. Also gave me an edge cuz they would be scrambling trying to check the rules and only found out the rules stated weights, not change of sets each trip.

Presently I have 7 sets of Voks, 2 M3 darts (which Paul used to have a signature M3), 1 Black Widow, 1 Gold Widow, 1 Scotty B Shot set, adn 1 Eddie Lawrence Puma set which was the last with 2ba shafts and M3 tips. Oh, and a piranha razor grip too.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have (or had) so many sets its crazy. And like you said, it's fun to play mind games with other people. At one time, I used to hold two sets of darts at the line and maybe throw two from one set and then one from the other. This would really confuse them.

I tired the M3 and they were just too small. It was a great idea but I saw quite a few of the break the threaded ends off when dropped or from a bounce out. And I don't know how you throw those Piranha razor grips. They want to stay on my fingers and not let go. lol. I have played with Hammer Head GT, Black Widow, Eric Bristow signature, Jerry Umberger signature, of course tried Phil Taylor's also and the list goes one.

I've been playing for quite a while now also, so I got to play against a lot of the big names back when the Peach Tree Open in Atlanta was big. And I went to the Cleveland Dart Extravaganza a few times back in the day. I have never been to a big soft tip tournament and that is something I want to do one day.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have (or had) so many sets its crazy. And like you said, it's fun to play mind games with other people. At one time, I used to hold two sets of darts at the line and maybe throw two from one set and then one from the other. This would really confuse them.

I tired the M3 and they were just too small. It was a great idea but I saw quite a few of the break the threaded ends off when dropped or from a bounce out. And I don't know how you throw those Piranha razor grips. They want to stay on my fingers and not let go. lol. I have played with Hammer Head GT, Black Widow, Eric Bristow signature, Jerry Umberger signature, of course tried Phil Taylor's also and the list goes one.

I've been playing for quite a while now also, so I got to play against a lot of the big names back when the Peach Tree Open in Atlanta was big. And I went to the Cleveland Dart Extravaganza a few times back in the day. I have never been to a big soft tip tournament and that is something I want to do one day.
The scene is almost non existent here in So Cal anymore. Northwest area (Seattle/Washington) was solid due to Medalist being based there, and Midwest/East Coast is solid. Just not much for league love for me anymore

I used to mix up 3 sets myself too. Was hilarious!

The M3 are good for tight groups, but harder to control in my opinion. The Eddie Lawrence is a nice balance of both actually. They did it to be heavier due to the addition of a post rather than the removal of material for 2ba thread cuts into the bodies, and in theory it makes sense...but I found the Widows are a great dart all around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back