• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cracked X metal Romeo lens. Looking for replacement.

s1lver8ack

Oakley Beginner
Hopefully someone can help me. I have found a pair of X metal Romeos i bought decades ago, I had completely forgot all about them, So as I took them out of the soft case I noticed a crack in the corner of my lens. Can anyone point me in the direction of a repairer or a rough idea of cost ? or maybe the lenses cant even be replaced, as i know these sunglasses are getting on in age.

Thanks in advance

Craig

20220420_223951.jpg

Last edited:
Lens can not be repaired. You can replace them with other lens but if you're looking for a bnew xmetal etched black iridium for R1 that's goin to be hard to find
Cheers for the quick reply. Looks like OEM replacement lenses are out of the question then. Sad times. My own fault I should have looked after them better. Can anyone point me in the direction of a 3rd party lens replacer ?

This is a very common problem with R1's. They can actually "spider crack" with out pressure or ever being used. Sort of an unfortunate bizarre phenom. You know Romeo, even with Juliet close by, always looking for some crack.:lol::headbang:

This is a very common problem with R1's. They can actually "spider crack" with out pressure or ever being used. Sort of an unfortunate bizarre phenom. You know Romeo, even with Juliet close by, always looking for some crack.:lol::headbang:
I can fool myself into thinking it may not have been my fault now hahaha. Aren't we all looking for the same thing regarding some crack lol. Thank you for replying.

Cheers for the quick reply. Looks like OEM replacement lenses are out of the question then. Sad times. My own fault I should have looked after them better. Can anyone point me in the direction of a 3rd party lens replacer ?
You can srill get OEM Oakleys for the R1 but they are Custom Cut. You can find some for sale in the exchange section but if you want to replace them with another black lens then i suggest you get prizm black from @Chris A Hardaway

I have a brand new pair of Prizm Black (non polarized) lenses ready to ship that would look great in that frame. They won't be etched "x-metal" but they will be oem curve, materials, and an excellent fit. Probably won't crack again for 10 years ;)
I live in the UK how much roughly will it cost ? Thank you for replying as well.

Back