• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Crater RIGHT orbital Only

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

As title says - looking for crater RIGHT orbital. Probably a fools errand but maybe someone has one somewhere.

Shoot me a PM if you do.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Thx for the tag. There's a bunch of us with spare Mars/Crater parts, but nobody seems to want to let them go. I even stopped bumping that thread, because most of the people who contacted me wanted to buy my spare parts, not sell me theirs, LOL. I was able to put one regular Mars together though, but would like to revive the Crater

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. The back story is not a good one….wanted to change lenses. Inserted tiny flat head screwdriver between the posts on the orbital and twisted flathead as I have usually done on Mars/Craters to get the c-clip loosened and one of the mf’in posts broke off. Not sure if there was a stress crack or what but it’s effing titanium. Shouldn’t have broken off like that. I don’t see a viable way to repair it either.

I guess if I can’t find an orbital I’ll end up having to try and part this one out 🤷‍♂️

This ever happen to anyone else??

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

1686419043673.gif

Look for a Laser welding shop or dental laboratory.
Every Dental Lab. has a Laser welder with a Microscope sight.
With some luck they can weld it back on.

Daaamn that sucks!! Reason why i don’t play with these frames. I have a wear pair but i used a sewing thread to clip em. Hopefully it aint a match box?

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Daaamn that sucks!! Reason why i don’t play with these frames. I have a wear pair but i used a sowing thread to clip em. Hopefully it aint a match box?
Gotta search my boxes and see if this one was a matchy matchy.

Username Hidden said:
Daaamn that sucks!! Reason why i don’t play with these frames. I have a wear pair but i used a sowing thread to clip em. Hopefully it aint a match box?
Sowing? That's a girl's hobby. Use a fishing line like a champ!

IMG_9299.gif

Username Hidden said:
Username Hidden said:
Sowing? That's a girl's hobby. Use a fishing line like a champ!

View attachment 1061455
WTF is “sowing?” Like planting seeds? Or do you medical professionals mean “sewing?”

Username Hidden said:
WTF is “sowing?” Like planting seeds? Or do you medical professionals mean “sewing?”
Hahaha you're right!
Look what you made me do @pjd1234 🤦🏻