• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Crater RIGHT orbital Only

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Thanks for the reply. The back story is not a good one….wanted to change lenses. Inserted tiny flat head screwdriver between the posts on the orbital and twisted flathead as I have usually done on Mars/Craters to get the c-clip loosened and one of the mf’in posts broke off. Not sure if there was a stress crack or what but it’s effing titanium. Shouldn’t have broken off like that. I don’t see a viable way to repair it either.

I guess if I can’t find an orbital I’ll end up having to try and part this one out 🤷‍♂️

This ever happen to anyone else??

View attachment 1061438

View attachment 1061439

View attachment 1061440

View attachment 1061442
@Larry

Some people reacted to this post.
Good luck on the searching, I have a pair of Mars I've been trying to restore for years looking for a right orbital.
47de7d63974a613bfbf98ba0181b6ca9.jpg

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for the reply. The back story is not a good one….wanted to change lenses. Inserted tiny flat head screwdriver between the posts on the orbital and twisted flathead as I have usually done on Mars/Craters to get the c-clip loosened and one of the mf’in posts broke off. Not sure if there was a stress crack or what but it’s effing titanium. Shouldn’t have broken off like that. I don’t see a viable way to repair it either.

I guess if I can’t find an orbital I’ll end up having to try and part this one out 🤷‍♂️

This ever happen to anyone else??

View attachment 1061438

View attachment 1061439

View attachment 1061440

View attachment 1061442
Wow, that blows big time. The only spare parts I have are extra stems. @Japanese Jellyfish @SEAN WAYNE .

Mahalo Rob, thanks for tagging me. I only have Juliet for parts unfortunately.The very best of luck Doc Rusty for finding spare parts.

Bump