• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom cut R2 lenses

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
Who has had them cut? How was the fit? Who did the cut?

Sent from: Outer Space

I've had them cut by multiple folks, only non-polar as they are enough of a pain without the alignment concern. It has been hit or miss, still hand cuts in all cases with our OEM donors AFAIK - If this has changed please let me know!

Anyway the cuts have been enough of a 'miss' to make it no longer worth my while to pursue these. The fits were close in some cases with the defects/imperfections hidden once mounted, but I still knew they were there and did not trust the integrity of the lenses as they were installed in the frame (think ANSI Z87.1 as OEM would be).

I have hand cut some that were better than what I paid for. If I were forced to buy a pair today I'd sell my R2's as I see my only consistent choice being aftermarket :(, which I personally do not do. At least until someone gets better - and more consistent - at cutting them...

In addition the shipping costs, [read: return shipping] can add up with some being shipped a very long distance, again, too much to bother with unless your tolerance for 'shipping loss' is high.

Just telling it like it is in my experience - these are still a PITA, none of us are that good and/or consistent at these yet. If you are I don't mean to offend, I just have not seen your work.