• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Romeo goggles

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
I'm an Engineer at heart and I love my x-metals. There's nothing more satisfying than going out to worksites wearing them to build on their character. Problem is dust and crap gets into my eyes, so here's my customization to turn one of my R1 into a dust-proof goggle. Comes in clear safety lenses (not shown) or my custom beat up Ruby that pays homage to Cyclops from X-Men.

DSC_4505.jpg

DSC_4507.jpg

DSC_4510.jpg

DSC_4511.jpg

DSC_4512.jpg

And no, I don't rock my beret at job sites. I just can't be stuffed with my dirty hard hat in the middle of the night :p

I'd think some black rubber gaskets can look cleaner, but can't argue if that foam(?) is difference between actually getting the job done and merely looking the part. Nice

I picked the grey foam because it looked more natural with the x-metal grey finish and had some lying around. I custom made the black goggle straps as I couldn't find anything that I liked. It was a quick custom job as I was fed up with the crap goggles when I was doing a bathroom remodelling job for 10+hours a day 3 months straight. You have no idea how much dust and shrapnel is in a bathroom remodel until you actually do one yourself... especially when it involves a jackhammer to strip down mosaic tiles! :eek:

Only slightly when I first put them on. Having said that, I haven't tried them in cold environments yet.

Back