• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Diamond dial minute machine and tb2

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
i dont care what Frant has! Lol
Damn, fat fingered that one, lol

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
All diamonds get inspected for the clarity. Adds true value to a diamond

I'm sorry but, with all due respect, unless I'm misunderstanding you that statement is incorrect.

Username Hidden said:
I'm sorry but, with all due respect, unless I'm misunderstanding you that statement is incorrect.
Didn't mean all diamonds but it does add value

Username Hidden said:
Didn't mean all diamonds but it does add value

To the diamonds, no. To the completeness of the packaging from a collectible perspective, yes.

When one says they get inspected, by whom and how does that add value?

The answer is, by being certified by the GIA or IGI. These certifications are industry recognized and rate a number of qualities of which clarity is just one and the results don't fit on a card. Technically any size diamond can be certified but it costs hundreds of dollars per diamond to do so; you quickly run into a threshold where the value of the diamond does not justify the cost to certify it. In practice you typically don't find certified diamonds below a quarter carat.

Lacking the value to justify the cost of GIA or IGI certification, companies often include some sort of card to authenticate the value of the diamonds used but really they're just meaningless marketing materials, they offer little value or reassurance in comparison to official certifications. And that's what these cards are. A collectible "complete" set should include all packaging materials like this card, which adds collectible value, but the card itself has no real meaning supporting the diamonds' value. On the off chance one were to try to resell the diamonds separate from the watch...

Username Hidden said:
To the diamonds, no. To the completeness of the packaging from a collectible perspective, yes.

When one says they get inspected, by whom and how does that add value?

The answer is, by being certified by the GIA or IGI. These certifications are industry recognized and rate a number of qualities of which clarity is just one and the results don't fit on a card. Technically any size diamond can be certified but it costs hundreds of dollars per diamond to do so; you quickly run into a threshold where the value of the diamond does not justify the cost to certify it. In practice you typically don't find certified diamonds below a quarter carat.

Lacking the value to justify the cost of GIA or IGI certification, companies often include some sort of card to authenticate the value of the diamonds used but really they're just meaningless marketing materials, they offer little value or reassurance in comparison to official certifications. And that's what these cards are. A collectible "complete" set should include all packaging materials like this card, which adds collectible value, but the card itself has no real meaning supporting the diamonds' value. On the off chance one were to try to resell the diamonds separate from the watch...
Welcome back bro

I am a certifiable nut but I do not have a card to prove it.

Username Hidden said:
Welcome back bro

Oh I didn't go anywhere, been here the entire time, just don't have the time to post as much. But thanks.

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diamond dial sold. Tb2 still available