• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did the XMXX ever come in a Carbon frame finish?

If you can get it for the right price as stated you can do whatever you want with it and we can steer you to the right people to get it done. Anything over $450 for that frame though is to much. A custom job to make it what you want would be $75-$150 depending on what you want. Its getting harder to find frames these days so think it through! Maybe offer he keep the lenses and try to get it for $425
I'll have to think on it, X metal frames are definitely getting scarce. The XX more so. For me I'd rather find stock x metal xx frames. I just thought there might be a chance these were something a little more special than a random custom job. I really appreciate you for your help and quick replies! :)

I'll be sure to let the forum know when I do make my first purchase. Or if I end up going with these!

I'll have to think on it, X metal frames are definitely getting scarce. The XX more so. For me I'd rather find stock x metal xx frames. I just thought there might be a chance these were something a little more special than a random custom job. I really appreciate you for your help and quick replies! :)

I'll be sure to let the forum know when I do make my first purchase. Or if I end up going with these!
X Metals aren't scarce, it's just the 'gougers' and flippers who have seen a typical two decade fashion cycle occur. They're looking at an overpriced profit from eBay, Mercari, Facebook Marketplace etc.

Hello, I'm new to purchasing a pair of X metal Oakleys and I have my eyes on a pair of XX.
I've done quite a bit of research (o review, creeping oakleyforum, reddit etc) and it doesn't seem like the XMXX were released in a carbon frame.
Atleast not widely released. Can anyone advise on if the XMXX were ever finished in Carbon? And if it wasn't, is it possible a custom job could get it to look almost exactly the same? The frame I've found doesn't seem to have a serial which would seem like they're post 2004 and I think it's highly unlikely to be an unreleased prototype fromt he original Oakley factory. And I'm pretty certain they're not Carbon Juliet's with XX hammerstems.
If anyone can shed light or chime in with their expertise it would be greatly appreciated.
I'd recommend a nice black xx. I got one done and the finish was very hard wearing plus they look awesome with the matte black lenses. They were never a combo released which was a shame.
20220304_205711.jpg

Back