• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disallow users to see -your- posts (reverse ignore)

interesting idea - so basically if block them they also can’t see your posts. Could get slippery but I get the idea if I’m understanding correctly
What would actually be best is if you could remove the 'sneak a peak' function within the ignore function. Then when people used ignore, they actually had to ignore and couldn't cheat. Also, make the ignore function irreversible for __ number of days. That would solve so many problems! Just think of the possibilities...

People complaining about a particular members selling tactics? They can hush complaining, or use ignore. Then with the new upgraded ignore function, they wouldn't and couldn't see what was bothering them for __ number of days! Viola, problem solved!

A particular member seems to be super annoyed with another member? Boom, ignore. Can't see anything associated with that member for __ number of days! Eureka, conflict resolution!

You could also use the new ignore function as a tool for mods to forcibly resolve conflicts. If a member complains about another member for whatever reason but won't use the ignore function themselves, mods step in and engage the ignore function to prevent further escalation.

Possibilities abound 😁

interesting idea - so basically if block them they also can’t see your posts. Could get slippery but I get the idea if I’m understanding correctly
Good morning.

Yes. Just like FaceBook.

We become admins of our own threads.

I don’t want to be bothering admins to help keep my threads clean/on topic AND I don’t want to be sharing any information with non contributing provocative/annoying people.

If they play nice, then even if they disagree, I usually don’t have a problem (disagreeing vs disagreeable).

It would starve trolls and (in theory) make this a nicer experience for users. It allows individuals to decide how much they wish to “tolerate”. Some people have wider “boundaries” than others.

Of course, trolls could always create a fake account and then cause trouble, but that’s ok. We can just easily block them again (if discovered), or there could be a setting that allows people to block new users for 2 weeks etc. If trolls’ new accounts aren’t troublesome or aren’t annoying, then personally I don’t mind if they participate.

Last edited:
Could have opposite affect. You guys pride yourselves on being able to police the sales threads and all. But with this, a bad buyer could block out all old timers that might comment on price, or bad photos, or anything bad. You guys already complain about people locking their sales threads. Now someone you don't agree with can literally hide posts from you?

Could have opposite affect. You guys pride yourselves on being able to police the sales threads and all. But with this, a bad buyer could block out all old timers that might comment on price, or bad photos, or anything bad. You guys already complain about people locking their sales threads. Now someone you don't agree with can literally hide posts from you?

Sales threads should be excluded.

I’m ok with that. The only sales threads I complain about are the ones that take up all of page one by the same user. If that person blocks me so I can’t see them that’s good. People with bad pictures or stupid prices just make me laugh. They can block me too. I’m ok with that lol

I don't have anyone blocked but I thought if you did you couldn't see any of their posts. Makes the most sense. Probably cut down on the drama on forum.
Problem is people don't actually use the ignore function, they just virtue signal about using it.

The ignore function needs my recommended upgrades badly!!

Yep! The complainers really just want their own personal forum that they can have full autonomy over to do as they please. They fail to realize that this is a public forum open to the public. I wonder how these people function in real life!

Who is “you guys?”

Latest Posts

Back