• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DIY Triggerman Custom

Rick58

I didn't do it.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ocean, New Jersey
Part of my spending spree last week included a pair of Triggermen Polished Black /Matte Clear w/Jade Iridium. I wore them for about 1/2 an hour and decided that the clear part was too distracting. Just couldn't get used to it. So off to the garage, dusted off my work bench and had at it. A little Adhesion Promoter, some Satin Black auto trim paint and a little 1998 Ford Pacific Green later. Came out with this.
Before: (pics from the eBay listing)

s-l1600 (18).jpg
s-l1600 (19).jpg

After: ( much better IMO)

DSC00720.JPG
DSC00715.JPG

Part of my spending spree last week included a pair of Triggermen Polished Black /Matte Clear w/Jade Iridium. I wore them for about 1/2 an hour and decided that the clear part was too distracting. Just couldn't get used to it. So off to the garage, dusted off my work bench and had at it. A little Adhesion Promoter, some Satin Black auto trim paint and a little 1998 Ford Pacific Green later. Came out with this.

View attachment 347479 View attachment 347483

View attachment 347481 View attachment 347482
Congrats and good custom

View attachment 347479 View attachment 347483

View attachment 347481 View attachment 347482
Great work right there

I just ordered a pair of Triggerman last night. What paint did you use for this? They look awesome and I'd like to do something like this to mine. Done up to match my bike would be sweet.

I appreciate the the compliment. Thank you. The icons were done with a Dupli-Color rattle can I had in my garage leftover from painting some rocker molding on my old Explorer.
For the lower black SEM Trim Black. Everything got a couple of coats of adhesion promoter first.
PIMTrimBlack_family_web.png
PIMPlasticAdPro_family_web.png

Back