• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap - re-seal in the UK

benmmellor

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I've potentially got myself a 2nd hand Double Tap which will most likely need a new battery in the next year or so.

I've spoken to a trusted watchmaker who is time served (40yrs in the trade) doing repairs for Longines, Breitling & Rolex etc as well as most other makes with a high end Swiss made quartz movement and he's not sure he can get seals if the Double Tap might need a re-seal when he replaces the battery. He will usually do a pressure test once he's had the back of the case off to ensure it's still retains it's water resistance.

I've emailed Oakley UK and their support rep just emailed back to say they stopped selling watches in 2015 and that was it.

Does anyone know any more details of the seals if required and where I might get them from - or even if there is a list of Oakly Authorised repairers in the UK who might be able to help?

Many thanks!

The water resistant feature may be really lost, its better not to submerge it...normally you may wash your hands and take some rain but any pressure may be dangerous...:confused:

The water resistant feature may be really lost, its better not to submerge it...normally you may wash your hands and take some rain but any pressure may be dangerous...:confused:

Oh man that sucks! You guys think that is going to be the same with all of their water resistant watches? I have had the battery changed on 3 or 4 of mine and I never gave it a thought. I dont submerge them and typically they would just get a splash at the most... but I would have figured they were good if submerged.

There’s nothing special about the gasket. It’s an o-ring. Any watchmaker/jeweler should carry an assortment of different size/thickness o-rings. More often than not, the o-ring is perfectly fine and reusable. Since these watches are relatively new compared to say a TB1, it’ll probably be ok.

1823BEE3-F366-4B7C-8695-B962ED924FB3.jpeg

oakley used to use a company called in time for servicing of time pieces so they told me.i had the same thoughts about my seals but youd need to contact them.

Latest Posts

Back