• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

F1 - Australian Grand Prix

Damn. Schumi 2nd in P2....I hope he gets a pole tomorrow, just to see that merc up front. Yes, before that freakish accident Massa was very fast, shame he's changed after that accident.
194858.jpg

Kimi rockin' the Shaun White 24K. Never thought I'd see that.

Attachments

• 194858.jpg
    194858.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 964
^^^ i kinda interested more in the what's showing on the mirror reflection of kimi's left lens! lol

hoping for a great qualifying session tomorrow!

how are you finding the new Sky channel JK???
did you watch the full programme??
I hate it!!!
totally watching the BBC highlights now instead.
I think Brundle was foolish to leave and wish he'd stayed where he was as they were a fierce team!!
Gary Anderson is a good add tho.

how are you finding the new Sky channel JK???
did you watch the full programme??
I hate it!!!
totally watching the BBC highlights now instead.
I think Brundle was foolish to leave and wish he'd stayed where he was as they were a fierce team!!
Gary Anderson is a good add tho.

I don't have Sky, never have, so I have no choice but to watch the BBC highlights unfortunately. What is the Sky show like? I assumed they jsut took half the old BBC lot and do the same thing on Sky?

It's very annoying not having all the races live anymore, I have to stay away from any news channels on Saturdays and Sundays so I can pretend I'm watching the qualifying and race live, I don't want to know the results before hand! I remember when Brundle first found out about BBCs new deal to only show half the races live and he was very critical of it (as was I) so it wasn't a surprise he moved. I'm sure Sky sweetened the deal though which made it a no brainer. DC is a great commentator though so it's not too bad, but the other new commentator is a ****, he doesn't seem to understand what's going on at all, he sounds like a 5 year old seeing a race for the first time.

Yep, Gary Anderson is a good add too, now I know whats going on with Mercedes wings and why McLaren have a low nose. it's also funny how he seems to concur with all the other presenters opinions of Eddie Jordan, i.e. EJ is an 'iddit!

Odd how the word i-d-i-o-t has been asterisked above. Is it really that bad a word?

well you are not missing much! the new sky channel is rubbish!! they talk like they are on drugs!! far too over-excited in a sky kinda way, as they are with football (which I don't like anyway) etc. Too many graphics!! they just need Andy G and his marker pen!!
So, in short, it sucks! and we are now in the same boat of avoiding everything that might give the game away!! our neighbours are fans too so its easy to overhear conversations!! haha
the things you do, huh!

It was perfect last year, I loved the Brundle grid walk, but when I saw him do it on sky he seemed to struggle to find people to chat with and stuff. Also, at least with the BBC not being live it means they can hang around and get loads more interviews with the drivers afterwards which I thought was good after Malaysia.

I think DC should have been the lead commentator.... wonder why he isn't. He seems to be keeping the whole thing afloat really.

well you are not missing much! the new sky channel is rubbish!! they talk like they are on drugs!! far too over-excited in a sky kinda way, as they are with football (which I don't like anyway) etc. Too many graphics!! they just need Andy G and his marker pen!!
So, in short, it sucks! and we are now in the same boat of avoiding everything that might give the game away!! our neighbours are fans too so its easy to overhear conversations!! haha
the things you do, huh!

It was perfect last year, I loved the Brundle grid walk, but when I saw him do it on sky he seemed to struggle to find people to chat with and stuff. Also, at least with the BBC not being live it means they can hang around and get loads more interviews with the drivers afterwards which I thought was good after Malaysia.

I think DC should have been the lead commentator.... wonder why he isn't. He seems to be keeping the whole thing afloat really.

You're right, DC is holding it all together. If it wasn't for him I would seriously have to consider getting Sky. I also love how Jake Humphrey copies DC's clothing style, he's completely in love with DC!

As I haven't seen any of the Sky F1 stuff I thought I'd take a look on YouTube for some clips and it's bizarre. Whatever women they have presenting has the most outrageous clothing taste I've ever seen on a sports show. She's here in the pitlane dressed as if she's on the red carpet: Three-Stop Strategy In Sepang: Sky Sports F1 2012 - Round 2: Malaysian GP - YouTube

And here, for an interview with Jenson Button, she's clad head to toe in leather: Sky F1 2012 - Button holds high hopes - YouTube I think she's got her eye on you JB!

Back