• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Factory Pilot Gloves

I'd think they'd be useless mountain biking. Too hot, no padding on the palm, and I don't like full fingered gloves for biking. I use them for shooting gloves, but only because I happened on a pair for the same price as Mechanix gloves.

reswob said:
The item numbers are all the same for the Factory Pilot and SI Assault, they should be exactly the same.

We had a pair of SI assault come through our store and they were priced in our computer for 120, so they must be different from the retail pilot gloves. From what I understand the palms on the SI are real leather instead of synthetic and they are also made with neoprene. I know the design and material has changed over the years so I could be wrong

We had a pair of SI assault come through our store and they were priced in our computer for 120, so they must be different from the retail pilot gloves. From what I understand the palms on the SI are real leather instead of synthetic and they are also made with neoprene. I know the design and material has changed over the years so I could be wrong

Factory Pilot w/ Leather Palm is real leather. The neoprene is the stretchy stuff in the back of the hand and thumb around the knuckles, like wetsuit material but in these it's much thinner.

Rustpot said:
Factory Pilot w/ Leather Palm is real leather. The neoprene is the stretchy stuff in the back of the hand and thumb around the knuckles, like wetsuit material but in these it's much thinner.

Maybe the guy who told me that was crazy lol but I'm still wondering why there was a price difference:/

Old post but I found those gloves I was talking about and read what the difference was. The SI version that was returned in our store by a soldier are made with 2 layers of 180g Nomex. They also have gripflexx leather palm as opposed to a micro vented full grain leather palm on the retail pilot. One huge difference is that the ones that were returned also have a gripflexx leather wrap over the carbon knuckles to prevent any seeping into the glove. Price point is 110 on them not 120 like I was saying before

Nomex is a flash and flame resistant material, those are the SI Tactical FR - Fire Retardant version. They're full leather, no synthetic materials (neoprene for example) with 2 layers of Nomex in the back of the hand. Synthetics will melt under flash and high heat situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
my pair of factory gloves are still good

IMG_1804.JPG

Back