• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favorite lens tint?

Anyone have any idea why Oakley no longer makes any VR28, VR50 variants anymore...?
When Oakley switched to prizm lenses it seems like they also discontinued vr lenses. I’m guessing they figured prizm would take the place of the vr lenses.

I have these for my Radar EV's ..

Prizm Polarized:
-Ruby
-Tungsten
-Black
-Jade
-Grey
-Daily
-SW

Jade is my overall favorite for its neutral, almost rose-looking base and beautiful contrast. Daily looks even better IMO, but Jade's green iridium finish looks so much cooler from the outside.
I switch to Tungsten in the evenings for its awesome bronze color. You can't beat sunsets with that lens.

I have typed this post several times lol. I can’t make up my mind which tint is my favorite.

Sometimes I like the bronze based tints like Tungsten and Rose Gold etc. Other times I like the “cool” look of grey base tints like prizm black. Prizm Grey is a good all around lens, just kinda boring but that’s ok once in a while.

Gold Iridium are hands down my favorite. The Tungsten Iridium and Prizm Tungsten Polarized are close.

Back