• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Feel free to pay F & F, but read this first

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Short story, trusted people's accounts still get hacked.

Some people reacted to this post.
Happened to me, lost 200$. Not from this one though.

I suggest you get a Facebook message and WhatsApp message with pictures right away of said person. Just to be sure!

I would always recommend asking for tagged pictures when buying just to confirm the seller actually has the item in hand - maybe this can be made a requirement for listing an item for sale?

A slip of paper with the days date and user name alongside the item for sale goes a long way to prove ownership....

Username Hidden said:
I would always recommend asking for tagged pictures when buying just to confirm the seller actually has the item in hand - maybe this can be made a requirement for listing an item for sale?

A slip of paper with the days date and user name alongside the item for sale goes a long way to prove ownership....
I like this idea

Having payment info connected to the profile would work to.

Username Hidden said:
Having payment info connected to the profile would work to.
If they have your login info, that won’t help. They could redirect the money to a different bank account from the same PayPal account.

Username Hidden said:
If they have your login info, that won’t help. They could redirect the money to a different bank account from the same PayPal account.
But they would have hack both then right? I guess I was assuming they were using a different paypal account.

Username Hidden said:
But they would have hack both then right? I guess I was assuming they were using a different paypal account.
Usually people aren’t getting hacked. A website gets hacked, and all of the login information for that site is stolen and disseminated. People tend to use the same login and password on multiple sites, so effectively the scammers have access to every account on the internet with the same logins.