• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First X-Squared!

Oaks 'Between The Hedges'

The OF Boogeyman 👹
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I haven't bought any x-metals in several months now and have been curious about the XX and XS for some time. I finally decided to give an XS a try. Polished with vr28 bip in basically new condition, courtesy of @Bronzefunk

This is my second purchase from him and both have been in excellent condition and he's a pleasure to deal with.

This is also my first experience with vr28 and boy have I been missing out! Its full sun this morning and these lenses are performing great! I love the slight contrast! I'm gonna have to get more of these into my collection.

As for the XS...it fits me well. The shorter ear stems are different but not a hindrance at all. I think I would like a larger nose piece but these fit fine as is. I'm definitely saving now for another XS! I still wanna try an XX too though so I guess whichever pair comes along in the right colorway/price first will get scooped up.

I've accumulated numerous o-matter frames in the last month or so and haven't spent more than $115 on any single pair. Going back to x-metals again is tough on the bank account...but oh so worth it when I get to wear em! The addiction and obsession continues.....
0105171001_HDR.jpg
0105171001a_HDR.jpg
0105171001b_HDR.jpg

I haven't bought any x-metals in several months now and have been curious about the XX and XS for some time. I finally decided to give an XS a try. Polished with vr28 bip in basically new condition, courtesy of @Bronzefunk

As for the XS...it fits me well. The shorter ear stems are different but not a hindrance at all. I think I would like a larger nose piece but these fit fine as is. I'm definitely saving now for another XS! I still wanna try an XX too though so I guess whichever pair comes along in the right colorway/price first will get scooped up.

I've accumulated numerous o-matter frames in the last month or so and haven't spent more than $115 on any single pair. Going back to x-metals again is tough on the bank account...but oh so worth it when I get to wear em! The addiction and obsession continues.....
View attachment 304196 View attachment 304197 View attachment 304198

How much shorter are those ear stems, Dawgs? Compare them to Juliets if you can.

Congrats man, sweet frame and lenses! They suit you well too.

How much shorter are those ear stems, Dawgs? Compare them to Juliets if you can.
They're much shorter! Juliets kinda hug your head and wrap, these are just on the sides there. What's most noticeable is how you put on/take off the x-metals, you know like goggles, the shorter ear stems leave less room for error. They feel like they flex more than my juliets every time they go on or come off.

I'll take side x side pics when i get home

Back