• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Vs Half Jacket?

I am probably the biggest Half Jacket addict around here, and I have to say that I still prefer the OG HJ over any other similar model. I pretty much need to use XLJ lenses on the HJ to get good coverage. However, with the Flak and HJ2, I prefer the standard lens. The newer Flak XLJ lens is way too tall, and actually sits on my cheeks, no matter which nosebomb I use, so I find them almost unusable, Luckily, the coverage of the standard Flak lens is about the same at HJ XLJ.

As for the HJ2...it's just OK. It's actually very comfortable, but the styling just doesn't do much for me. It's not really ugly or beautiful; it's just sort of "there." I really miss the earstem wings on the HJ2 also. I prefer the styling of the Flak over HJ2, but HJ2 is a tiny bit more comfortable to wear.

Hmm... Maybe I can try ordering the HJ 2.0 and try them for myself. Maybe I won't care for the styling but maybe they will feel a little more comfy... Unless someboy can suggest another style I may want to try out...

Flak's are awesome. They are much more comfortable. HJ2's were actually really nice too. However, I would prefer the HJ or the Flak's for sport related activities. Otherwise, the HJ2 is a nice go to for more casual days

My Flak's are feeling a little more comfy after wearing them for a bit but I'm still looking at trying something else. Maybe I can order a pair of the HJ 2.0 and try them myself. Unless somebody has another suggestion for something I might want to try...

I made the mistake of buying online without trying and have some pairs I rarely use cause they dont fit properly, Go to a local sunglass Hut or oakley vault near your area and try them there first b4 you buy anything.

I'm actually a big fan of the Half Jacket 2.0 XL. I think it blends the HJ and Flak and fixes the issues I had with both. The HJ 2.0 keeps the angular aggressiveness of the original but with the earstems of the Flak etc (which suffers from a generic flat front IMO).

The flaks are less tight than the halfs, but they are just as secure. Imo one of the best pairs for running. The new flak xlj lenses are too big but if you find gen1 xlj flaks they are beautiful.
There is a new and old version of flak jacket xlj lenses??

Latest Posts

Back