• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found a copper man

Thanks @Ry.1982 for allowing me to move forward with this for members. As a lot of members had known I was working on the Cooper/Gold plating over a year ago. I had some difficulty in properly getting the materials to plate to the Ti, so I moved on to Anodizing instead. With Ryans help I was able to overcome that bridge and finish out the process with his blessing. Originally I stopped working on it when he started. Only room for one to do this service.

Please PM me for the services to do this work. I will be keeping the same price scale that Ryan used for your frames. I know there is a waiting list to be done, and I can get several frames done per week no problem, so we should work through the list in short order. I will also start a thread specifically for this process once I get some better pictures for my own work. I am providing one of a Mars that doesn't have clear coat on it for the picture. But will show the quality of the plate. Look forward to continue adding services to XMC Optics over time and with Ryans help he has made this possible. I have other surprises coming up soon also :)

Sorry here is the Picture
IMG_1825.jpeg

@Cargo Send away when its time. If a Frame is Laying around waiting to be done in my hands, and all are finished for what we have as part of the list on hand , That laying around frame will be started. All frames will be blasted first to level the surface so no need to worry about any coatings or anything on it. Here is an example for another process that I will have to remove. This will be epic for this frame when done!!!!!!! I will post a thread for this service with a link for this thread (so it doesn't get lost) Sat or Sunday of this weekend. I have some pictures to take of several items and some different ways we can do the plating. Different looks. Also plating of other items too. But... here is the picture of what I have in hand now to have work done too.
SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg

Big Salute to Ry for honorably contributing to our X-Metal society.

Now I must decide if I want to give up one of my Mint Carbon Frames or hunt down a beater...hmmm. I'm excited to get a copper plate done.

Question: If I find a pair that needs a tune-up, could I in theory pick up a fresh set of Flex Couplers and include them with the frame so they can be re-pinned? Where should I source a set of flex-couplers that are 'x-man' like.

Thanks guys... This has always just been a hobby of mine. I have made some great friends here, and gladly will continue to pass on what knowledge I have to the members here.

I am going to create a XMC Optics thread for the Copper Gold service. This will be done on Monday April 6th. I will link this thread in my initial posting so this one doesn't get lost. I will also put the waiting list as ordered an keep it updated.

Very excited. I have s pair of Juliets I am going to have done. I was #14 on the last list I saw. What is the charge for this process anyway InfiniteHero? Also, I dont need to worry about stripping the finish on mine, you'll do that correct?
Cheers
Andrew

Latest Posts

Back