• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying HALF X

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Region
North America
Ok O-Bros i need to locate some orbital gaskets for Half X . Im slowly starting a custom set for the wife as thats the XMetal she like out of all of whats available. Any leads would awesome .

Some people reacted to this post.
I've searched the Internet for these for weeks and found none. BUT...I did buy a set of X-Squared Orbital Gaskets from Linegear and trimmed them with an exact-o blade to fit. The X-Squared ones were the closest to the size needed for the Half-X, even more so that Juliet or Romeo.

I really wonder why no one sells these, or the ear rubber or the nose bombs. They're still an X-Metal!

Username Hidden said:
I've searched the Internet for these for weeks and found none. BUT...I did buy a set of X-Squared Orbital Gaskets from Linegear and trimmed them with an exact-o blade to fit. The X-Squared ones were the closest to the size needed for the Half-X, even more so that Juliet or Romeo.

I really wonder why no one sells these, or the ear rubber or the nose bombs. They're still an X-Metal!
I think it wasn’t as popular as all the other Xmetals plus it has an omatter variant where the others didn’t.

@Phil da Prototypist send pictures for the orbital gasket please. If thats the same as for R2 then just pay minimal shipping.

The Half-X has different lens retention mechanism than the R2. There is a long screw that passes through the frame, holding the small bottom quarter-orbital to the upper orbital. That same screw passes through the gasket Phil(and I) are looking for. @Phil da Prototypist if you don't have a full gasket to take a photo of, I can pull my display pair apart to show what a brand new orbital gaskets looks like.

Username Hidden said:
The Half-X has different lens retention mechanism than the R2. There is a long screw that passes through the frame, holding the small bottom quarter-orbital to the upper orbital. That same screw passes through the gasket Phil(and I) are looking for. @Phil da Prototypist if you don't have a full gasket to take a photo of, I can pull my display pair apart to show what a brand new orbital gaskets looks like.
I don’t have a complete gasket to render pictures

Username Hidden said:
I don’t have a complete gasket to render pictures
Ok, I'll grab some photos this weekend.
Same thing goes for the ear socks....no one sells those aftermarket either!!!!! Viva La Half-X!

Username Hidden said:
Ok, I'll grab some photos this weekend.
Same thing goes for the ear socks....no one sells those aftermarket either!!!!! Viva La Half-X!
As well as nose bombs