• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have Prizm Field Lenses Changed Recently?

They do appear to have changed their Field lens - and I'm not happy with the changes either - I noticed the same thing, with the yellow on the edges, although yours seem more pronounced than mine. See the pics from me in this thread: Help IDing Prizm Field vs. Outfield vs. Infield
Yeah, it looks like they might have changed the Field lenses. Did you purchase directly from Oakley? If I am able to return these, I may go to a brick and mortar store to get a pair of the Radar ev Pitch with the more red field lens.

Yeah, it looks like they might have changed the Field lenses. Did you purchase directly from Oakley? If I am able to return these, I may go to a brick and mortar store to get a pair of the Radar ev Pitch with the more red field lens.
Yes, I got the original ones 2-3 years ago, and the replacement ones that have the yellow last year, both from Oakley.com.

I will add that while I notice hardly any difference looking through them except at the very edges, and I don't notice unless I'm really looking for it.

Last edited:
Yes, I got the original ones 2-3 years ago, and the replacement ones that have the yellow last year, both from Oakley.com.

I will add that while I notice hardly any difference looking through them except at the very edges, and I don't notice unless I'm really looking for it.
Looking at your Radars, I don't mind the small yellow fade as much but on the M2's it's much more pronounced and larger.

Those are definitely prizm field. Looks like Oakley added more iridium (old school term) so basically more mirror causing the yellow on the ends. This is more common on shield type lenses. Especially since you mentioned it has a rose base and I noticed it on one of your pictures.

since these lenses are specific for one sport... baseball, they should not have any gradient effect , they should be the same color from one end of the lens to the other.

So you can pick up balls coming at you (no homo) with your peripheral vision with no distortion.
:cool:

Last edited:
since these lenses are specific for one sport... baseball, they should not have any gradient effect , they should be the same color from one end of the lens to the other.

So you can pick up balls coming at you (no homo) with your peripheral vision with no distortion.
:cool:
Right - no distortion at all. The gradient effect might be for a few millimeters at most - I can't even see it looking for it with the sunglasses on, I can only notice it if I'm looking for it with the sunglasses off, and even then, only on one side of the sunglasses - it's technically noticeable, but effectively not at all.

Right - no distortion at all. The gradient effect might be for a few millimeters at most - I can't even see it looking for it with the sunglasses on, I can only notice it if I'm looking for it with the sunglasses off, and even then, only on one side of the sunglasses - it's technically noticeable, but effectively not at all.
Just strange that Oakley decided now it's the time to make the lenses like this.

OP does not like it. I agree with him.

Update on this post. Oakley let me return this custom pair of M2’s, the rep I worked with thought they looked like they had prizm road lenses. They offered to remake them, but I wanted to go with the radar ev pitch’s with a field lens.

Update on this post. Oakley let me return this custom pair of M2’s, the rep I worked with thought they looked like they had prizm road lenses. They offered to remake them, but I wanted to go with the radar ev pitch’s with a field lens.
Please share pics once you get them - thanks! (By the way, the Team Metallic Red icons look great with the field lens if you're going custom - see below.) (In addition to the yellow flare, it seems the lens color is a little more orangeish red (reddish orange?) than the the first pair of Field I had. I'm guessing it might just be a batch issue.

1681350399974.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back