• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with stems disassembly.

atomikaso

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi there!

Since I started collecting, this section has always drew my attention to it. Just got a pair of a beater Valve 1.0 and I'm about to attempt a custom colourway, but I cannot get the hinges popped out of the frame(tried to research in the forum and outside and the only thing I found is a video of disassembling Flak Jacket stems). Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

I’m sitting in a vehicle in the dark so photos not the best. Here’s my Valve. Close the stem. Grab near the hinge and pull upwards and outwards. That should pop the stem off. Putting back on is reverse. Get the two pins in between and push back into place. :cool:🤙

IMG_8113.jpeg
IMG_8114.jpeg
IMG_8116.jpeg
IMG_8117.jpeg
IMG_8118.jpeg
IMG_8138.jpeg

Last edited:
@kpa
I’m sitting in a vehicle in the dark so photos not the best. Here’s my Valve. Close the stem. Grab near the hinge and pull upwards and outwards. That should pop the stem off. Putting back on is reverse. Get the two pins in between and push back into place. :cool:🤙

View attachment 1095332View attachment 1095333View attachment 1095334View attachment 1095335View attachment 1095337View attachment 1095349
It worked! Thanks a lot, soon I'll start sanding and painting to bring them back to life. Best wishes mate ;)

Back