• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HERITAGE FROGSKINS....THE MYSTERY PAIRS.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Recently acquired the Seafoam and polished blue from a seller on eBay. Do the heritage series says made in USA on the stems? I remember I seen it somewhere but I could be wrong.
No the heritage skins do not have a made in USA on them

NPI = New Product Introduction. If you have one that is from a new model, it is from the 1st 100 built for that specific sku. If you have one that is from a color refresh, it is one of the 1st 50 built of that specific sku. The NPI team conducts the first build. Assembly line layout, assembly fixtures, cycle time, and assembly issues are reviewed during the build. Once the NPI process is completed, the model/sku is released to production. The samples produced may or may not be first quality.

NPI = New Product Introduction. If you have one that is from a new model, it is from the 1st 100 built for that specific sku. If you have one that is from a color refresh, it is one of the 1st 50 built of that specific sku. The NPI team conducts the first build. Assembly line layout, assembly fixtures, cycle time, and assembly issues are reviewed during the build. Once the NPI process is completed, the model/sku is released to production. The samples produced may or may not be first quality.
Excellent information thank you.

It seems then there will be many glasses with the NPI printed plus the sku and most will result in the production release with the omission of NPI, not really much difference between the 'NPI' and 'normal' pair, however, I wonder how many glasses across the whole range of Oakley had an NPI print but then were not carried forward into production...it seems OO9013-07 is a prospect for such a pair, I realise the eventual OO9013-35 (Pol White - Violet) is all but the same, but it's still a different sku thus technically a different glass.