• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from South Africa

Mits0108

Oakley Expert
Hi!!

I have been an Oakley fan for a good decade or so, my first pair were a platinum set of A wires(which I still wear today) back in 2005; being a student, it cost me a good few months of my monthly spend...lol ;)

I was amazed at the fit, sheer comfort and "stickiness" given by the earsocks. They were certainly a head turner on campus. Then the unfortunate happened and the earsocks gave way after many years of sustained use :(......

By then these wires were discontinued and it became almost an impossibility to find socks from the brick and mortar stores that stocked Oakley products....... (please remember that online shopping in South Africa is in its infancy even today....though more widespread acceptance is gaining momentum)

Once I started working and advancing in my profession, I had the means and finances to rejuvenate my passion for the oakley product. I typed in a simple search and stumbled onto this forum..... from here I discovered the wonders (for better or worse) of "EBAY". I finally managed to snag a pair of socks which allowed me to wear my A wire on a regular basis.

While reading the various posts on this forum, I discovered the word " X-METAL" and I immediately started hunting for a pair. Fair to say prices were way out of my budget, but perseverance and late nights auction alarms allowed me to get my first Penny. This led to another a month later, this was followed by more wires, x-metals and Rx glasses.

My inner collector rose to the forefront and I began collecting more and more Oakley products, from their T shirts to their bags, to their shoes and watches.

I am still in the process of building my collection as well as finding a suitable way to display them (LOL)
Once I have that set up (it may be a while) I shall post pics.

I then decided to jump straight into a paid membership.
My reasons were based on the following:

The informative posts made by the plethora of members on this forum has helped me immensely in maintaining my Oakley products, therefore to the members who devote alot of time and effort in doing this, I thank them :newrussian:
All the latest information is available on this forum!! Whether it meant scooping up as many watches as possible when the watch division sadly closed its doors or getting the latest info on the latest products. This will always be my first port of call:)

There is a genuine appreciation for various collections, whether it be your one and only pair of Oakleys or your 1000th pair. Each collection was built by people who value the product, whether it meant saving for many months or buying it on the spot. It was done for the LOVE of the brand!!

Therefore I end my first Introductory post with this message: Please keep up the good work !!!:neo:

I hope to make a helpful and valued contribution in future!!

Welcome! there are a few South Africans around on the forum, some with really impressive collections. I'm originally from Joburg, but living in Switzerland now. I agree, this is a great forum with loads of interesting information and a great bunch of members.

Oh, and congrats on the X Metals, they're my addiction!

Latest Posts

Back