• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Collections

Question for the Holbrook hardcore collectors: which one in your opinion would be more valuable in terms of collection?
- Nick Hayen Signature Edition OR
- SGH Exclusive (Matte White / Ruby Iridium)...?
What would be a decent price for each?
I don't think I have the box for the Nick Hayden one but both are in mint condition - display only - thanks for the feedback!
The SGH exclusive is a little harder to come by than the NH, but both frames have their own appeal to different collectors. Gauging the collectability of each at this point in time tough. Both are discontinued and on opposite sides of the spectrum being that one is matte clear and the other a matte black. In terms of what you could possibly get for them, the NH's & SGH's are hovering at the $200 mark, but you'll struggle to get more.

i lean towards the - SGH Exclusive (Matte White / Ruby Iridium) but the matte clear / ruby if thats what you meant
Sorry, yeah - I meant the White Clear frame!

The SGH exclusive is a little harder to come by than the NH, but both frames have their own appeal to different collectors. Gauging the collectability of each at this point in time tough. Both are discontinued and on opposite sides of the spectrum being that one is matte clear and the other a matte black. In terms of what you could possibly get for them, the NH's & SGH's are hovering at the $200 mark, but you'll struggle to get more.
Thanks for the input!

awww looks like I joined the club right when Holbrooks are getting discontinued :(
I got a crush on the Holbrooks... to me they got some simple and catchy cool design that is the equivalent of what the Fiat 500 was in the 70s-80s - lol that's my perception at least.
Something simple yet cool.
To add more drama: my one and only pair of Holbrook (matte moss from the Heaven and Earth collection) fell the other day and the dark grey lens got scratched :(
And there are no replacement dark grey lenses on the Oakley.com site.
Well.. guess I'll have to buy a pair of Warm Gray + the Sepia Ink (with Dark Grey) and do some work on them...

awww looks like I joined the club right when Holbrooks are getting discontinued :(
I got a crush on the Holbrooks... to me they got some simple and catchy cool design that is the equivalent of what the Fiat 500 was in the 70s-80s - lol that's my perception at least.
Something simple yet cool.
To add more drama: my one and only pair of Holbrook (matte moss from the Heaven and Earth collection) fell the other day and the dark grey lens got scratched :(
And there are no replacement dark grey lenses on the Oakley.com site.
Well.. guess I'll have to buy a pair of Warm Gray + the Sepia Ink (with Dark Grey) and do some work on them...

Call Oakley direct, they might be able to help you get the correct lenses.

Call Oakley direct, they might be able to help you get the correct lenses.
That's a good point indeed. I only wonder if I can get a direct help desk being in Switzerland.
I'll check on the website, if you have any hints please feel free to add any :)

Thanks!

sigh.. of the two questions I asked the Customer Care replied only to the first (not about dark grey lenses)...
I raised another email with the same question.

throw some black iridium in there, dark grey is ok but black iridium is better!

you know, for some reason I am not a huge fan of black iridium. I agree that visibility and cleariness are great but - at least on me - I don't love the mirror look.
I am a fan of Warm Black as they are dark enough with the plus of reddish contrast enhancement. Dark Grey I think is great for the greenish tint that I find 'relaxing' :)

Back