• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holy grail. F I N A L L Y !!!

MarcelN

Oakley Expert
So finally I have got my holy grail - Radarlock Tour down Under edition. If you haven't heard about this pair it might not surprise me. Only few dozens were made and all were distrbituted amongst some of the riders taking part in 2015 Tour down Under cycling race. It was finished in chrome gold with dark green metallic side panels as a tribute to the national colors of Australia.

It seemed totally impossible that the oportunity of getting one will ever happen until one day in march when I found a guy on ebay selling them. I knew what it was and quick research assured me this is the real pair. Even better was the fact that after one month he listed another pair... And I have also bought it. The guy was/is selling rare oakley stuff including rare m frames, some cycling stuff given only to the athletes, oakley watch signed by Floyd Landis, Tinkoff Saxo radarlock pair etc. Overall some cycling items only someone close to the cycling scene could get.

It's also a funny coincidence that I have purchased it almost exact to the day when I started my wonderful holiday visit in Australia. A truly beautiful country to visit.

So the first pair came with photochromic path lens, the second one has XL lens with RAPHA etched in the corner and both pairs ARE NEW!!!

I am of course keeping one pair of these. The second one will remain in my collection, altough a very nice offer to fund other purchases could change that...

Anyway here are some pictures from the race event and of my pairs.

b7dz5izccaaasp7_zpspyufgps5-jpg.jpg

b7oi4bccmaah1wh_zpslbcnpxhb-jpg.jpg

BaoRBA5.jpg

kensvU1.jpg
o7WqVUn.jpg

ZemdnsG.jpg

YWnEqUP.jpg

5s428Ke.jpg

estqKLY.jpg

Latest Posts

Back