• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Home Theater Stuff ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
Anyone have an opinion on what might be the best fully-programable "universal" remote for complete control of a full HT set up?

TV, receiver, cable set-top box, ... maybe even if one has Bluetooth, PS3 & PS4.

I have not done a Google search, because I wanted to see if I could get some ideas from you folks.

I know years ago Logitech's line of Harmony remotes were just about the best, ...

Thanks.

Anyone have an opinion on what might be the best fully-programable "universal" remote for complete control of a full HT set up?

TV, receiver, cable set-top box, ... maybe even if one has Bluetooth, PS3 & PS4.

I have not done a Google search, because I wanted to see if I could get some ideas from you folks.

I know years ago Logitech's line of Harmony remotes were just about the best, ...

Thanks.
I concur with the Harmony series from what I've been told.

I was going to pick one of them up soon too.

Have a universal remote given to me by my programmer but it's almost done

I worked on harmony remotes before and for end-user programmability they are indeed king. URC (universal remote control, duh.) is and was designed for the custom installer and can get on the techie/technician/geek spectrum of remotes. Control 4 is a system that works well with home automation/integration if that is something to consider.

I've had all of them but found when building a system, which never ends, the Logitech are the easiest to update and adjust, while others are more of a set it and forget it kinda deal.

I agree with above Harmony makes a fantastic, fully programmable, end user product. I've been into HT for years and another great option is your smartphone or tablet (Apple is best for this). All in how in depth you're wanting to dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
Logitech - Harmony Elite Universal Remote - Black

I picked this one up this week and holy crap is it easy to program and customize. So far it's worth it.

harmony.jpg

My only complaint is a numeric keypad. My last two Harmony's had one. I realize it eats a lot of real estate, but touchscreen keypads just dont compare to feel.

View attachment 309022

My only complaint is a numeric keypad. My last two Harmony's had one. I realize it eats a lot of real estate, but touchscreen keypads just dont compare to feel.
Yeah. The one I have now the touch screen is at the top. Apparently they learned their lesson with placing the screen in the middle or something like that?

I don't mind this one as I never bothered punching so many numbers in. I also find the remote on the phone kinda cool. People complained of lag but I'm not seeing it

Ok. Just figured out I can now control my home theater system FAR away from home. :rofl: Like on Mars.

Already able to control everything else in the place. Just didn't have the system setup like that till now but was already able to control it from inside the house.

Now I wanna leave people in there and mess with them.

Back