• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to Repair Oakley Blade 2?

Leon R

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys. I have a Oakley Blade 2 watch and a part of the rubber on the case has broken off. Is there any way to repair or replace the rubber??

The watch is still in great condition except for the damaged rubber.

You can get an replacement band, they don’t come out often, but a few members always have some in storage. Changing band is quite easy, you just need a small tool to remove the springs from the watch and the clasp and you are good. As for repairs I know people have tried, but since the rubber has a lot of tension when tighten (specially if you have smaller wrists) it will brake again in a few days. Hang out in the forum for a while and check the exchange section, you might find the band and some other cool items

Hi guys. I have a Oakley Blade 2 watch and a part of the rubber on the case has broken off. Is there any way to repair or replace the rubber??

The watch is still in great condition except for the damaged rubber.
Can you provide a picture?
I maybe able to help.
Cheers Dean

You can get an replacement band, they don’t come out often, but a few members always have some in storage. Changing band is quite easy, you just need a small tool to remove the springs from the watch and the clasp and you are good. As for repairs I know people have tried, but since the rubber has a lot of tension when tighten (specially if you have smaller wrists) it will brake again in a few days. Hang out in the forum for a while and check the exchange section, you might find the band and some other cool items

Thanks bud

Can you provide a picture?
I maybe able to help.
Cheers Dean
Hi Dean, I've attached a picture. Hope it helps...
1604066689805320575880630645314.jpg

Hi, I think you're screwed. Highly doubt that you find this rubber part.

You could try to fix it with Sugru, but you'd need to make a mold of some sort first.

I would either consider it a loss and sell the strap (they are sought after) and other parts, or try to buy a new body from someone who needs a strap.

Cheers, Lars

Hi, I think you're screwed. Highly doubt that you find this rubber part.

You could try to fix it with Sugru, but you'd need to make a mold of some sort first.

I would either consider it a loss and sell the strap (they are sought after) and other parts, or try to buy a new body from someone who needs a strap.

Cheers, Lars
Hi Lars

Thanks for the tip. I will try and get some Sugru and give it a shot.

How much can I sell the strap for??

Regards
Leon

Latest Posts

Back