• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I broke one of the arms on my Oakley airdrops and I cannot figure out hot to get the arm off?

Cuttlery

Oakley Beginner
I have replacement arms but I cant get the old ones off for the life of me, anyone have any idea how I get these things off?

Welcome to the Forum. You have to help us with photos and model name. :cool:🤙
Oakley Airdrop 2.0 (sorry put it in the title wasnt sure if that was good enough for not) Model is ox8046.

I have zero clue what to take pictures of but it appears there is a pin or screw in there but it doesn’t appear to have a head I can use to unscrew it either
IMG_2597.jpeg

Oakley Airdrop 2.0 (sorry put it in the title wasnt sure if that was good enough for not) Model is ox8046.

I have zero clue what to take pictures of but it appears there is a pin or screw in there but it doesn’t appear to have a head I can use to unscrew it either View attachment 1135621
Sorry. Title was good enough but didn't catch that. My bad. Well this is a model I've never had in my hands before so I can't help you much. Models I deal with I just twist and pull and the arm pops off. But there are many people here. Just might take some time for the right people to notice your post and chime in.

Sorry. Title was good enough but didn't catch that. My bad. Well this is a model I've never had in my hands before so I can't help you much. Models I deal with I just twist and pull and the arm pops off. But there are many people here. Just might take some time for the right people to notice your post and chime in.

It looks like some of the scar hinges that have recessed pins inside.

It looks like some of the scar hinges that have recessed pins inside.
I’m not sure what that means heh, but is there a way to get them off?
Yikes. Not sure what it takes to get one of those out. @Cuttlery Do you have a photo of the end of the new ear stem? Curious how it attaches to frame.
I do not... I have two pairs that are the same frames. My progressives I broke and I wanted to just take the arms from the non progressive pair and put them on the progressives... Basically I have two pairs of assembled glasses but I want to take the arms from one and put them on the other ones (that I was smart enough to step on)

I’m not sure what that means heh, but is there a way to get them off?

I do not... I have two pairs that are the same frames. My progressives I broke and I wanted to just take the arms from the non progressive pair and put them on the progressives... Basically I have two pairs of assembled glasses but I want to take the arms from one and put them on the other ones (that I was smart enough to step on)
Couldn’t you just swap the lenses?

Couldn’t you just swap the lenses?
Nope, different size lenses (That was my first thought though too, one pair is wider than the other though, how I never noticed that before I have no idea) Arms are the same size though.

Nope, different size lenses (That was my first thought though too, one pair is wider than the other though, how I never noticed that before I have no idea) Arms are the same size though.

I thought you said you have two pairs of the same frame.

Am I missing something?

Back