• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I need help identifying these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much. I know some of them now. After looking for hours, but I just checked in on this thread and you’d got all the ones I found twice as many more.
Are any of them rare? Or worth anything second hand?
The value will be dictated by the condition of each. If the lenses, in the ones that have them, are good that goes a long way. None seem to have ear socks which is a downside as OEM socks are hard to find and most aftermarket for wires suck. Most seem to be well worn based on the nose pads.

None of the wires I labeled are overly rare. The market for old school wire frames is pretty small compared to other styles.

I have all of the ear socks. Took them off to clean them, and tested done of the ones that were in bad condition in a few different solutions. I’ve found that cologne works best (cleans them thoroughly without degrading the rubber).
I’m not too worried about the money (or I am not expecting the jackpot anyway), but I have 4 boxes of these from a clearance. I’m wondering if it is worthwhile cleaning them all and sorting through them, and everything.
Got loads of parts and that left over from the first box.
Think what I’ll do then I’d find the ones with god condition lenses/nose pads/ear socks, clean and sell them, on here, perhaps. And I’d like the rest let them go to someone for spares, as I imagine they might be handy for anyone who fixes them up, as I don’t like to see anything go to waste.
In the meantime, if I see any that look special I’ll post them up on here.
But thank you very much for your help.
I’ll probably put a few more pictures of the others like the pictures I posted on this thread as well.
If there are any you’re interested in let me know, and if you’re interested in all the rest I don’t want anything for them.
Thanks again.

Any idea what these are? Plutonite lenses. Someone said straight jacket and another said unknown. Purchased circa 2004 in Sol Austria from an Oakley dealer

ED395A39-B7AA-46EF-B2F3-7D06D40F7163.jpeg

632F7675-90CC-4470-B0AE-D68233BC031C.jpeg

60FB58D9-FE0C-4C47-8D03-BF2ADB3B17C4.jpeg

C0F9E2F0-C0C1-4A75-A492-005E34B67C25.jpeg

I heard that these are named “Unknown” because the designers had no name for them and they decided to call them Unknown. Does anybody know if this is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back