• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice Iridium vs. Blue Iridium Oakley Lenses

1HeaterMFrame

Oakley Beginner
I currently own a pair of M Frame Heater, red iridium sunglasses. I use to have a pair of the Blue iridium, i use to wear these in the winter time, when there is snow on the ground and the sun is out, that just kills my eyes. I found that the Blue iridium was darker then the red and it protected my eyes better in those conditions. I went to Oakleys website to order another pair of the Blue iridium M Frames, but they didn't have them, but they have the Ice iridium. My questions is, is the Ice and the Blue somewhat the same lens ? Is the Ice iridium dark enough for me to wear to prtect the brightness of the snow and sun ?
Thanks and sorry so long !

Ice and black iridium are the darkest non-polarized lenses you can get at 10% light transmission. I'm sure they will do fine. But if you want to stop the glare from the snow, your best bet would be Ice iridium polarized.

Ice and black iridium are the darkest non-polarized lenses you can get at 10% light transmission. I'm sure they will do fine. But if you want to stop the glare from the snow, your best bet would be Ice iridium polarized.
Lol what he said. But ice iridium is gonna be darker then blue iridium so you should be good.

Back