• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I’m really disappointed with Oakley

If they’re really so old, that explains why Oakley are ignoring me, it was about 5 years ago when I purchased them from the Oakley Store in Liverpool, they then remained unused for a long time because I needed prescription lenses my eyesight recently corrected itself and I started using the Oakley’s for driving

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4125.jpeg

IMG_4124.jpeg

IMG_4123.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

IMG_4121.jpeg

IMG_4120.jpeg

IMG_4119.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

IMG_4117.jpeg

If they’re really so old, that explains why Oakley are ignoring me, it was about 5 years ago when I purchased them from the Oakley Store in Liverpool, they then remained unused for a long time because I needed prescription lenses my eyesight recently corrected itself and I started using the Oakley’s for driving

View attachment 1066135

View attachment 1066136

View attachment 1066137

View attachment 1066138

View attachment 1066139

View attachment 1066140

View attachment 1066141

View attachment 1066142

View attachment 1066143

View attachment 1066144

Yea those look to be fives 3.0 (came out mid 2000s). They haven’t made lenses for those in a long time.

Just get custom cut lenses by a forum member here and you’ll be set.

View attachment 1066135

View attachment 1066136

View attachment 1066137

View attachment 1066138

View attachment 1066139

View attachment 1066140

View attachment 1066141

View attachment 1066142

View attachment 1066143

View attachment 1066144
Call customer service multiple times a day until you get a satisfactory resolution.....

Many thanks
they still have lenses for fives 3.0 on the website
I might take a gamble and order some, but for now I haven’t given up on a reply from Oakley CS, they said they would help me and I’m feeling itchy to plaster comments over all of the social media sites if they keep ignoring me, it’s a point of principle now.
many thanks for your advice and assistance

Many thanks
they still have lenses for fives 3.0 on the website
I might take a gamble and order some, but for now I haven’t given up on a reply from Oakley CS, they said they would help me and I’m feeling itchy to plaster comments over all of the social media sites if they keep ignoring me, it’s a point of principle now.
many thanks for your advice and assistance

Ahh ok yea that frame was sold as SI that’s why the lenses are still available. Bc of that you only get two colors though. Grey or BI

If you want other color options, custom cut is the way to go

Hi John . I know a few of the people at the Vault up at Cheshire Oaks . I don’t think it’s a case of won’t help . They can’t help . All warranty stuff is done through the warranty portal .

I’m a little confused by your photos . They have a custom vault and custom outer box . I’m pretty sure there’s a disclaimer on the warranty portal that states different terms for OCP ( custom ) products. plus if your frame is OCP it won’t have an SKU on it .

I know it’s a long shot but if you still have the receipt then that goes a long way on the warranty portal . I’ve had far more positive outcomes with an uploaded receipt than claims without a receipt .

I personally think eBay for a replacement set of lenses or custom cut . Or sell those and buy a fresh set .

You could also try get some good quality 3rd party lenses.

The fives 3.0 and fives squared lenses are interchangeable as far as I am aware.
Looks like there are some available by Revant on Amazon in the UK.
I've used this brand of lenses on a lot of my older frames that were difficult to find original replacements for and I've never had a problem.
Also, if you don't like them returns to amazon are a breeze.

Latest Posts

Back