• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there a list of Oakley sunglass frames and their prescription limits somewhere?

Wingman

Oakley Beginner
As the subject says - previously I could go to Oakley.com, navigate to a sunglass and enter my prescription and it would tell me if it was compatible with my prescription or not. Now, it just tells me my prescription is stronger than what they sell online, with any sunglasses even ones that before it would let me order online. So wondering if there is a list of the limits with each frame so that I can get an idea of which frames work with my prescription and then I can go to a physical store to see which I like.

As the subject says - previously I could go to Oakley.com, navigate to a sunglass and enter my prescription and it would tell me if it was compatible with my prescription or not. Now, it just tells me my prescription is stronger than what they sell online, with any sunglasses even ones that before it would let me order online. So wondering if there is a list of the limits with each frame so that I can get an idea of which frames work with my prescription and then I can go to a physical store to see which I like.

Oakley provides a list to retailers with power ranges for sun and optical frames. They update it regularly and any retailer should be able to show you this.

With sun frames the max power ranges are +4.0 to -6.0 and cyl +-3.00. Some have on the plus side a range as little as +2.0 and on the minus side some go up to -6.0. Most frames are +4.0 to -5.0.

Back