• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Jawbone vs New Racing Jacket vs Split/Wind Jacket Differences/Similarities

Do you remember if the lenses still fit?

I think they have to be adjusted. Racing jacket/Jawbone jaws can also be fitted to Splits afaik. Don' remember if Racing jacket lenses fit or have to be cut there either Might be that one of the combos could use lenses without altering them though ;)

Only have Splits left here at home, think I have a Jawbone somewhere (but couldn't find it) so can't check for sure...

...Racing jacket/Jawbone jaws can also be fitted to Splits afaik....
Perhaps an JB can be cut, but they are taller than SJ/WJ.
Note the Penny-style air-dam thingy (technical term) on the lower jaw margin of the Jawbone (R) and the simple, clean, uncluttered jaw of the WJ (L).
30540434727_e5f8ee6997_z.jpg

You can also see the eye of the retention strap anchor on the WJ (also present on the SJ).

Last edited:
I thought i read somewhere that the bolt fitment is actually the other way around: Jawbone bolts can be used on RJ's but, RJ botls can't be used on Jawbones? I need confirmation because i was about to buy some jawbone bolts for my RJ's.

I thought i read somewhere that the bolt fitment is actually the other way around: Jawbone bolts can be used on RJ's but, RJ botls can't be used on Jawbones? I need confirmation because i was about to buy some jawbone bolts for my RJ's.
I got it off the revant website, but haven’t tried myself. As long as you don’t overtighten, probably doesn’r matter.

Cacatman or anybody else know if:
OCP Thru Bolts 23-600
OCP Thru Bolts 23-602
OCP Thru Bolts 25-842
OCP Thru Bolts 23-767
are Genuine Racing Jacket or Jawbone Thru Bolts??????

@cacatman
If you have a SKU its a legit product. Whether or not the ones you are buying are legit, you will have to post pics. But if they are in Oakley packaging, I would say youre safe

Cacatman or anybody else know if:
OCP Thru Bolts 23-600
OCP Thru Bolts 23-602
OCP Thru Bolts 25-842
OCP Thru Bolts 23-767
are Genuine Racing Jacket or Jawbone Thru Bolts??????

@cacatman
They should be compatible either way as long as you don't over tighten because the jawbone thru bolts are slightly different in length.

They are sold as compatible

They are all on eBay at the moment
23-600 pearl white from trifastsplits US$20
23-602 polished black from 2gdirect Can$32.99
25-842 polished white from 2gdirect Can$32.99
23-767 silver from 2gdirect Can$32.99
not really the colours I am looking for but hard to find genuine Jawbone Thru Bolts. Already have some feelers out with a couple of members here.