• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbreakers for Road Cycling.

TJP1365

Oakley Beginner
I am "eyeing" a pair of jawbreakers for road cycling. Anyone have any experience with these? I've been using Flak XLJ's and am looking for an upgrade.

Jawbreakers were specifically designed for cycling. You'll be fine.

Depends on what you prefer. Jawbreakers were designed for cycling, but if you like the half frame design of the flak then the jawbreakers take a little getting use to. I had a set of jawbreakers for a little while and got rid of them because I preferred having a half frame design.

Jawbreakers were specifically designed for cycling. You'll be fine.
Having said that, yes if you are used to glasses with no bottom frames, it takes a bit getting used to seeing the lower jaw in your field of vision when looking sideways or towards the back. But the lens coverage is superb.

The Jawbreaker is still one of my favorite models. I agree with the above, now I’m used to Kato’s and Encoders I begin to notice the Jawbreaker frame when wearing it. The glass itself is so big you get used to it very fast, still love the Jawbreakers.

Got about 20 pairs of Jawbreakers I love them so much, as previously said designed with input from Mark Cavendish for road cycling. Can be adjusted for length of arms and big lenses are good.
Having said that of late I'm wearing the various types of Sutro/Sutro Lite/Lite Sweep more and more recently

Back