• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Carbon Red Mirror

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Been awhile since I've been "in the game" so to speak; but I've been playing around with adding pieces recently and doing some customs and this is the first just with a few quick desk shots.

This is your standard Carbon frame with Linegear rubber all around and Linegear Red Mirror Polarized lenses.

I will say this about Linegear rubber- its good stuff. Its very sturdy and the earsocks in particular seem to stay put on the earstems better than OEM Oakley earsocks do. One thing of note is the smaller t-shocks (the equivalent of the 15's) are a smidge bigger than OEM so they do cause the frame to grab you a little tighter-at least until the nosebridge starts to loosen. Also the nosepieces seem a little thinner causing the frame to sit closer to the face- its minimal but its definitely there.

As for the lenses- its classic Linegear quality; people will constantly argue the benefits of Oakley lenses and there's no doubt- they're better. XYZ Optics create true HD quality vision...but Linegear lenses are no slouches-they make very VERY good lenses. I'd still argue if you have a color lens you could have custom cut? Do it. But in this case of course there are no donor lenses that look like this (although some of the Rose Red Prizms seem to be right there if you can deal with higher levels of light transmission). Looking through these is pleasant and effective; looking AT them is interesting- they really shift and change with lighting, lighting type and the angle at which you're looking at them. Dead on in many lighting situations they can appear almost black with hints of red, but any turn of the head or lighting from the side and the red explodes out of them-even more so when in a darker frame like this. If you're wanting that "ruby quartz" X-Men look, this is the lens. Personally I think Linegear's Premium Red is actually closer to what many refer to as "1st gen" Ruby with an almost purple center and would probably provide better color and flash dead on but, again, if you're looking for that solid red- this is the lens you want.

20150304_114646_zps6fmwtorz.jpg

20150304_114911_zpsvudcf9xr.jpg
20150304_114916_zpslsqs0tzx.jpg
20150304_114920_zpshgmclxce.jpg20150304_114939_zpsa0ppaxe9.jpg
20150304_114948_zpsd4sfcej9.jpg

When my X-Metal Juliet and custom cut Positive Red lenses get here I'm going to try these lenses in the X-Metal and the Positive Red in the Carbon and see which combo I prefer.

I have always thought of the black and red cobo as being the perfect match. That is why I like the Ducati and Ferrari options. But this puts the icing on the cake with the red lenses!

Like it a lot!

Don't worry about the Line gear, eventually we will all be getting stuff from them or other 3rd parties. :lolsign: