• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just an old man trying to look cool in my Oakleys. Retired from Union Pacific RR and work part time at a very busy gun shop.

Major2257

Oakley Beginner
Kentucky
I'm just trying to become better educated on Oakley prescription eyeglasses, not sunglasses. Several frames interest me but it's the lenses that I'm having trouble choosing. I'm spoiled from the lenses I've purchased in the past and don't want to spend the bank but get the best quality and vision for the best price. I wear transition progressives with anti reflective and scratch protection but haven't a clue what brand these coatings are because they were ordered locally by my optometrist. Any recommendations from the gallery?

I'm just trying to become better educated on Oakley prescription eyeglasses, not sunglasses. Several frames interest me but it's the lenses that I'm having trouble choosing. I'm spoiled from the lenses I've purchased in the past and don't want to spend the bank but get the best quality and vision for the best price. I wear transition progressives with anti reflective and scratch protection but haven't a clue what brand these coatings are because they were ordered locally by my optometrist. Any recommendations from the gallery?

Welcome

Not sure where Oakley ranks compared to high quality lens manufacturers like Zeiss, Hoya Lens or Rodenstock. But there is a number of budget lens manufacturers. My experience is, inexpensive lenses are cheap in many ways. My Zeiss progressive lenses are 2 1/2 years old and don’t have the slightest scratch. The set was cut to a shape I choose fitted in a Oakley O3 frame and cost me about $1300,- Best money i have ever spent. I had 3 times budget lenses before. Never again.

You can often find a "kodak lens professional" and get Kodak unique progressive w transitions w clean and cleAR coating w silk. Those would be about $500 or less. Believe it or not that would be a great price for quality lenses.

You get what you pay for w custom made product.

Back